Heavy medium-duty tractor options? Massey 67xx, CaseIH Maxxum, or Kubota M5-111?

/ Heavy medium-duty tractor options? Massey 67xx, CaseIH Maxxum, or Kubota M5-111? #21  
Have you guys had any experience with Merlo? We had a new Merlo telehandler at the mine 3 years ago, never turned a wheel for a year, was full of issues, they traded it for another new one, have had dealer there many times for electrical issues, but at least this one is useable.
Don't know if it's there bad luck, bad dealer or if they are junk?

/ Heavy medium-duty tractor options? Massey 67xx, CaseIH Maxxum, or Kubota M5-111?
I suspect the dealer and dealer support is a factor in your situation. I'm not saying they don't ever turn out a lemon but, where those come from and where they are used in Europe suggests they aren't junk.

Italy has a bad reputation for mechanical quality but, that can be said of Japan and Korea in the past as well. Today, I wouldn't flinch at buying an Italian machine generally. Their walk behind farming machines are really nice, as are any number of small farm balers, combines, etc. of Italian manufacture.

The passion for early cars and motorcycles with questionable quality and reliability are largely things of the past just as it was with Japan and Korea in their earlier days.

/ Heavy medium-duty tractor options? Massey 67xx, CaseIH Maxxum, or Kubota M5-111? #23  
Okay, could be dealer, because I have never seen a Merlo around here until I saw those two new ones at the mine. I didn't realize they were Italian.

/ Heavy medium-duty tractor options? Massey 67xx, CaseIH Maxxum, or Kubota M5-111?
   / Heavy medium-duty tractor options? Massey 67xx, CaseIH Maxxum, or Kubota M5-111? #25  
I got my M5-111HDC24-1 in December 2021 and the price has gone up about 8% according to build my Kubota, typical of the others I looked at. Now I would probably also look at the MF5711D as it is the same class as the Kubota. The Massey is built in Beauvais, France, and the Kubota in Osaka, Japan. Both have seen the worldwide price changes. Reference your comment on John Deere software - John Deere is the largest so they make the news but like Deere, you are not going to be able to hook your computer up to either a Massey or Kubota and tweak software so I wouldn't rule JD out because of a software issue that wouldn't matter to you (but I would rule them out because they think their color is worth 15% more money, my experience). As for Kubota vs NH or Case, I have gone by my dealer who sells Kubota and New Holland who has always directed me to Kubota's even when I beg him to sell me a NH. So if I were you, the M-F and the Kubota would be the ones I would concentrate on. My M5-111 runs a New Holland round baler quite well, moved hundreds of bales, pulled 4-16s moldboard plow (yes, we still need to do that where I farm), brush hogged, fed cattle, and everything I could throw at it as a utility farm tractor. I'm sure the M-F would have done as well.

/ Heavy medium-duty tractor options? Massey 67xx, CaseIH Maxxum, or Kubota M5-111? #26  
After years of day dreaming about buying a cabbed tractor, I started looking seriously about 2 years ago. The Kubota M5-111 was at the top of my list. My neighbor hired a guy with a 15 foot batwing to do some work on his place with one and it was very impressive. But then reality hit, and I really don't need something that big, and I really didn't want to pay for something that big. Another big issue for me is DEF. I don't want it.

That led me to 70Hp tractors that didn't use DEF. I ended up buying the Massey 4707. I ordered it in November of 21 and it arrived in June of 22. I got lucky, because in 22, they updated their AC system. From what I've read, there are issues with the AC in earlier models.

In in Tyler Texas and there is one dealer that's half an hour away that I refuse to deal with. He had one in stock, but I didn't want to have to deal with them if I something broke. Next closest dealer is in the other direction, and about 45 minutes away. It's a very small, mom and pop type business that's been there for decades, but they didn't have anything in stock and where not very helpful when I spoke to them. PR Equipment was an hour away, and it's a brand new Dealer in the middle of nowhere, Kerens TX. I talked to Nick, the owner several times, I watched a bunch of his Youtube videos, and decided to buy from him. Since then, he has just opened a second Dealership in Canton, right off of 20 by Dukes. I'm hoping to stop by there sometime this week or next week to get filters to do my yearly fluid changes.

PR Equipment has been posting on Facebook that they just got in a low hour 5711 that he's selling for a very good price. Too good to post it on their page. Normally I would think of that as a cheesy sales tactic, and it probably is, but I also think that Nick is extremely motivated to sell as many tractors as possible, and he will beat everyone else in price. That was another reason to go with him when I bought my 4707.

Back when I was looking, I went to J&K, which is also called Noonday Tractor Auction, in Flint TX, just South of Tyler on 155. They have a huge inventory of just about every brand of tractor, from almost brand new, to totally old and worn out. I was able to look at dozens of tractors in a very short amount of time. I really liked the Kubota, and really hated a few brands that I wasn't sure about until I sat in them. You never know what they will have, they sell a lot of tractors, but they also get a lot of them in all the time. If you are anywhere in the area, it's worth your time to walk around their lot and check out what's there. They also have construction equipment and implements. I think it's a fun place to hang out and explore!!!

/ Heavy medium-duty tractor options? Massey 67xx, CaseIH Maxxum, or Kubota M5-111? #27  
After years of day dreaming about buying a cabbed tractor, I started looking seriously about 2 years ago. The Kubota M5-111 was at the top of my list. My neighbor hired a guy with a 15 foot batwing to do some work on his place with one and it was very impressive. But then reality hit, and I really don't need something that big, and I really didn't want to pay for something that big. Another big issue for me is DEF. I don't want it.

That led me to 70Hp tractors that didn't use DEF. I ended up buying the Massey 4707. I ordered it in November of 21 and it arrived in June of 22. I got lucky, because in 22, they updated their AC system. From what I've read, there are issues with the AC in earlier models.

In in Tyler Texas and there is one dealer that's half an hour away that I refuse to deal with. He had one in stock, but I didn't want to have to deal with them if I something broke. Next closest dealer is in the other direction, and about 45 minutes away. It's a very small, mom and pop type business that's been there for decades, but they didn't have anything in stock and where not very helpful when I spoke to them. PR Equipment was an hour away, and it's a brand new Dealer in the middle of nowhere, Kerens TX. I talked to Nick, the owner several times, I watched a bunch of his Youtube videos, and decided to buy from him. Since then, he has just opened a second Dealership in Canton, right off of 20 by Dukes. I'm hoping to stop by there sometime this week or next week to get filters to do my yearly fluid changes.

PR Equipment has been posting on Facebook that they just got in a low hour 5711 that he's selling for a very good price. Too good to post it on their page. Normally I would think of that as a cheesy sales tactic, and it probably is, but I also think that Nick is extremely motivated to sell as many tractors as possible, and he will beat everyone else in price. That was another reason to go with him when I bought my 4707.

Back when I was looking, I went to J&K, which is also called Noonday Tractor Auction, in Flint TX, just South of Tyler on 155. They have a huge inventory of just about every brand of tractor, from almost brand new, to totally old and worn out. I was able to look at dozens of tractors in a very short amount of time. I really liked the Kubota, and really hated a few brands that I wasn't sure about until I sat in them. You never know what they will have, they sell a lot of tractors, but they also get a lot of them in all the time. If you are anywhere in the area, it's worth your time to walk around their lot and check out what's there. They also have construction equipment and implements. I think it's a fun place to hang out and explore!!!

Good info. My property is in rural Athens area. I've chatted with Nick a bit too. The Canton location is a bit closer to my property than the Kerens location too.

In his recent
video at the 45 second mark, he says, "Got another brand to talk to you about later but we're not going to get into that yet."

I'm curious to see what other brand he is adding.