Heavy Duty Spindles For 1500, 1700, 2000, 240...

/ Heavy Duty Spindles For 1500, 1700, 2000, 240... #1  

HoyeTractor

Gold Member, Approved Advertiser
Tractor
Yanmar
Hi everyone,
It is waaaaaay to hot to do anything outside today so I thought I'd visit TBN and let you know that we FINALLY have the first shipment of our new heavy duty spindles in stock. They are designed for 2wd 1500, 1600, 1700, 1900, 2000, 240, 195, tractors that have a loader and are having problems breaking or bending the factory spindles. We had them built by a local Texas company and these new spindles are TOUGH!

1)- Machined from high strength billet steel- not just cast like the factory & aftermarket spindles.
2)- The horizontal shaft is around 15% bigger in diameter for added strength.
3)- Use all of you same hardware including the hub
4)- Includes bearings & seal
5)- Easy to install
6)- Made in the USA!

SA-4151HD.jpg

Yanmar Tractor Parts: SPINDLE-HEAVY DUTY -- NEW-- HOYE EXCLUSIVE!

We have also been busy with lots of other new projects like the 3 bolt flange mufflers for the 2200 & 2700, the small warning lights used on the 1300, 1500 and others, an adapter to let you use a standard 1/8" NPT oil pressure gauge.... and a lot more neat stuff is on the way! You can check them all out on our "new products" list below---

Yanmar Tractor Support Message Board • View forum - New Products!

/ Heavy Duty Spindles For 1500, 1700, 2000, 240... #2  
Nice! Im glad we have an aftermarket support like you out there!

/ Heavy Duty Spindles For 1500, 1700, 2000, 240... #3  
Hi everyone,
It is waaaaaay to hot to do anything outside today so I thought I'd visit TBN and let you know that we FINALLY have the first shipment of our new heavy duty spindles in stock. They are designed for 2wd 1500, 1600, 1700, 1900, 2000, 240, 195, tractors that have a loader and are having problems breaking or bending the factory spindles. We had them built by a local Texas company and these new spindles are TOUGH!

1)- Machined from high strength billet steel- not just cast like the factory & aftermarket spindles.
2)- The horizontal shaft is around 15% bigger in diameter for added strength.
3)- Use all of you same hardware including the hub
4)- Includes bearings & seal
5)- Easy to install
6)- Made in the USA!

SA-4151HD.jpg

Yanmar Tractor Parts: SPINDLE-HEAVY DUTY -- NEW-- HOYE EXCLUSIVE!

Is that the price for each spindle?

/ Heavy Duty Spindles For 1500, 1700, 2000, 240...
Is that the price for each spindle?

Yes... about twice the cost of the standard one for that model tractor but still costs less than a spindle from the larger (YM2500, etc) Yanmars. If there gets to be a lot of interest we can probably buy in larger quantities to get that lowered a little but not much.

It is not for everyone but is at least an option. The standard spindles work well for most customers.

/ Heavy Duty Spindles For 1500, 1700, 2000, 240... #5  
Heck if i had a loader and kept breaking them and could not keep them under it, thats really not that much money to make your tractor useable, the way you want to use it.

/ Heavy Duty Spindles For 1500, 1700, 2000, 240... #6  
Yes... about twice the cost of the standard one for that model tractor but still costs less than a spindle from the larger (YM2500, etc) Yanmars. If there gets to be a lot of interest we can probably buy in larger quantities to get that lowered a little but not much.

It is not for everyone but is at least an option. The standard spindles work well for most customers.

Just a thought. Since your having them made, any way to make one that would accept a 1750lb trailer hub with bearings? $24.00 HUB ASSY. W/STUDS & NUTS,E-COATED BLK - Agri Supply
Then you could use a standard wheel and a wider high Capacity tire also. I would order them today if you have those made.

/ Heavy Duty Spindles For 1500, 1700, 2000, 240...
Just a thought. Since your having them made, any way to make one that would accept a 1750lb trailer hub with bearings?

There is really no limit to what can be made. It is just a matter of cost. If I remember right, the first spindle alone cost us about $600-$700 for the machine shop to do the programming and setup. We would need to sell quite a few to make just that one setup fee back. That does not include the cost per additional spindle which is actually pretty high since we used an expensive grade of steel.

It can certainly be done though. We've already got the vertical part's programming and setup done so I'd guess the first trailer axle version would be around $350 - $400 . We would have to order a few dozen of them to get the complete spindle to where we could sell it for around $120ea. That is if we use the high end steel which is probably overkill. Cheaper steel would be a lot cheaper. If there is interest we will do it though. That's what we do :).

/ Heavy Duty Spindles For 1500, 1700, 2000, 240... #8  
Great idea Shawl. Aaron have yall tested these to see how they stand up to weight? If it is a bunch the idea shawn had would be overkill atleast on things smaller than the 2000, as i dont think the loader would allow enough weight to be lifted to take full advantage of the trailer spindle and hub/rim setup. Although if you had a junker the trailer setup would be much better as you could find standart parts and bearings for it to rebuild one.

But im thinking this upgrade will be all you need for the spindles and bearings go. I bet the next think to break will just be bent rims or broken loaders as im sure you cant lift enought to tear it up with these installed.

/ Heavy Duty Spindles For 1500, 1700, 2000, 240... #9  
clemsonfor,
there might be one other part that could fail, and actually I've had equal concern for the center of the axle where it pivots, Not sure of the name of the part, although I do know the entire weight of the front of the tractor and anything added to the front such as a FEL etc,etc, is resting on this part,

I recently had the wheels off my tractor and inspected the bearings along with the axle and the center pivot, the wheel bearings checked out good and the axle looks to be straight with nothing bent, However, the pivot part does have signs of a slight front and rear movement so I'm guessing it is wearing out, I have always kept this particular part grease because I have a FEL and put an extra load on the front axle & pivot, I've never had it apart but I'm assuming it is a Bushing, and bushing do wear out, if the shaft and bushing has worn than perhaps might have to design a bushing beefier bushing for this area?
In the begging of me using a FEL I had thought maybe I would need to reinforce the axle by welding some stronger material to it, it was suggested that the axle would probably hold up OK so I never bother to reinforce it,
but i do think another weak point of the front end when using a FEL will be this axle pivot.

Designing a spindle that will allow a aftermarket hub would in fact give us the option of using different sizes of wheel and tire combo's, This would be great as no one else I have found offers a wheel conversion kit, well with the exception ofcourse of Hoye Turff tire kits...
It is also great to know that a stronger spindle is available for the factory hubs, Because one day I'm sure I'll be needing them,;)
Thanks! (( Hoyetractor )) for thinking of us:thumbsup:

Last edited:
   / Heavy Duty Spindles For 1500, 1700, 2000, 240... #10  
clemsonfor,
there might be one other part that could fail, and actually I've had equal concern for the center of the axle where it pivots, Not sure of the name of the part, although I do know the entire weight of the front of the tractor and anything added to the front such as a FEL etc,etc, is resting on this part,

I recently had the wheels off my tractor and inspected the bearings along with the axle and the center pivot, the wheel bearings checked out good and the axle looks to be straight with nothing bent, However, the pivot part does have signs of a slight front and rear movement so I'm guessing it is wearing out, I have always kept this particular part grease because I have a FEL and put an extra load on the front axle & pivot, I've never had it apart but I'm assuming it is a Bushing, and bushing do wear out, if the shaft and bushing has worn than perhaps might have to design a bushing beefier bushing for this area?
In the begging of me using a FEL I had thought maybe I would need to reinforce the axle by welding some stronger material to it, it was suggested that the axle would probably hold up OK so I never bother to reinforce it,
but i do think another weak point of the front end when using a FEL will be this axle pivot.

Designing a spindle that will allow a aftermarket hub would in fact give us the option of using different sizes of wheel and tire combo's, This would be great as no one else I have found offers a wheel conversion kit, well with the exception ofcourse of Hoye Turff tire kits...
It is also great to know that a stronger spindle is available for the factory hubs, Because one day I'm sure I'll be needing them,;)
Thanks! (( Hoyetractor )) for thinking of us:thumbsup:

As i read your thought on another piece i imedietly thought of the pivot point.

Mine had a little cap on the front i think over the pin or whatever that pivots. Were the greese squeezes out of. Anyway i noticed when i put greese on it it kind of popped out,i tapped it in each time. One of the last times i guess it fell off in the fields? I need to get another cover i guess, but i just put more gresse in it to push the crud out.