Heavy Duty LED Trailer Lights,,,

/ Heavy Duty LED Trailer Lights,,, #1  

CADplans

Elite Member
Tractor
584 IH 4WD
My 10 foot dump trailer is 20 years old,,
and,, I am positive that for 17 of those 20 years,, at least one of the incandescent bulb has not worked,,

fQ2D5J2.jpg

The lights that I have always used are the typical multi-function trailer lights,,
they really do not suit a dump trailer,, something always falls on one of those lights,, GONE!!

I am going to start with these steel box, grommet mounted LED lights.

712dNYw1lyL._SL1500_.jpg

I will probably add some more steel above and below these boxes for extra strength.

I am still looking, but, I have not found a similar system for the front amber lights,,
I may have to DIY the amber lights.

Any pics of guarded amber lights?? Some ideas of a successful light would be helpful!

Also, I believe I am supposed to have three lights centered in the back of the trailer,,
are theses supposed to be red or amber?
Any pics of guarded three rear center lights??

Help me do this right,, so I am not doing it again in 12 months,,, :thumbsup:

/ Heavy Duty LED Trailer Lights,,, #2  
This is the front amber light on my equipment trailer. In a protective housing. My dump trailer is at another location but it has the same sort of thing except the back edge of the light housing is integrated into a step at the front of the fender.

The equipment trailer has three lights in the middle all red.

I found a photo showing the amber lights on front of my trailer.

Attachments

• trailer light.jpg
    trailer light.jpg
    183.5 KB · Views: 151
  • dt07.jpg
    dt07.jpg
    252.1 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:
   / Heavy Duty LED Trailer Lights,,,
I think I will try this,,
a 6 inch length of 4X4 square tube, 3/16" wall,,

Iqn46og.jpg

The amber light will mount inside, I have the 3" hole saw shown,
so, as well as light out the sides, the light can get out the 3" hole,,,

That bracket should be strong enough to be a point to jack up the trailer ,, :thumbsup:

/ Heavy Duty LED Trailer Lights,,, #4  
I am surprised that amber colored version of your first post is not available. Those oval gasketed red lights are used on semi trucks and also on my trailer. I have a old style bulb ina clear lens as a back up light or work light. Haven't looked for an amber LED style though. Jon

/ Heavy Duty LED Trailer Lights,,, #7  
VA. - farm tag, add reflective stripe :D

VA. - farm tag, add reflective stripe :D

It already has a farm use tag,, even though I have permanent tags, no inspection required with a farm use tag.

The trailer never had reflective stripes,, that must have started in the last 19 years,,, :eek:

:laughing:

/ Heavy Duty LED Trailer Lights,,, #9  
   / Heavy Duty LED Trailer Lights,,, #10  
It already has a farm use tag,, even though I have permanent tags, no inspection required with a farm use tag.

The trailer never had reflective stripes,, that must have started in the last 19 years,,, :eek:

:laughing:

Ive seen a lot slide with a VA farm tag, no lights and just reflective tape is what I was hinting at. Who knows how long this guy was riding around unchecked. Look closely at the rear tag holder....

Abell Man Arrested After Driving into Murphy’s Town & County Store in Avenue | Southern Maryland News Net | Southern Maryland News Net