Heads up on an increase in tire prices...

/ Heads up on an increase in tire prices... #1  

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kubota M9000 HDCC3 M9000 HDC
Was just at my farm tire shop to have my wife's van tires rotated and the owner told me if I was considering buying new shoes for either of my Kubota M9000's, I'd better do it before January 1st, as tire prices across the board are increasing an average of 25% on all brands and that is a chunk of change at least for me it is. I want to reshoe one of my M9's with Trelleborg R1 radials and 4 of them will set me back presently about 5500 bucks. Factoring in a 25% increase, that puts the additional cost at $1375 bucks for a total of $6875 bucks for 4 tires.

I think I need to pre-order a set this week and go rob my savings account before the cost goes up. Inflation is a wonderful thing....lol

/ Heads up on an increase in tire prices... #3  
Well I guess the tire salesman will get that end of the year quota afterall...

/ Heads up on an increase in tire prices...
I do know one thing, I'll be ordering a set of 4 Trelleborg radials before the first. That way I can take the expense off the farm books too.

/ Heads up on an increase in tire prices... #6  
The Modern Tire Dealer website had a ton of news articles during Q4 of 2021 about brands raising their tire pricing. It's all going up, just like everything else! It'll get better after 2024. Just hang on tight....

The Modern Tire Dealer website had a ton of news articles during Q4 of 2021 about brands raising their tire pricing. It's all going up, just like everything else! It'll get better after 2024. Just hang on tight....
I hope you are correct. Fingers and toes cross on that prediction.

I do know that before Friday, I'll be pre ordering a set of 4 Trelleborg R1 radials and paying for them. Current pricing is hard to swallow but the increase makes me gag and I can use the offset on the farm taxes anyway. I'd get 8 but I believe my wife would kill me. Besides, we have real state taxes coming due and they went up as well.

One reason why I cut my charitable donations down. Charity begins at home far as I'm concerned.

Think I said previously, there will be a lot of marginally profitable farmers going out of business this year Good indicator is the amount of late model equipment for sale on Tractor House. It's loaded with late model, high buck stuff. Farmers don't off late model equipment unless they cannot bear the cost of ownership or the fat payment books. As a rule, I run mine at least 10 years before trading it in.

On top of all of it, it was a bad year here. I lost 3rd cut hay because of the rain (didn't even make it) and row croppers, while they got their corn and beans off, they came off high in moisture so they incurred dry down cost and the fields are too wet to fit up for next year so that adds to the misery.

Seen a lot of mired in the mud tractors around here lately.