HEADLINE: Kentucy man bags giant deer

/ HEADLINE: Kentucy man bags giant deer #1  

BXmark

Bronze Member
Tractor
BX2200
Some dumba__ shot an endangered species of elk and was going around telling all his buddies about the giant deer he hunted down. He was arrested and is being fined $8,000. They didn't say if this elk was on public land or some private reserve.

/ HEADLINE: Kentucy man bags giant deer #2  
It was on public land, they have been importing and releasing elk into the wild for the last few years here. An article in the paper said that it was as hard to tell an elk from a deer as it is a deer from a cow, the old boy could use some glasses/w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

jd.gif

/ HEADLINE: Kentucy man bags giant deer #3  
Well gee fellas, cut him some slack, an elk is a deer, a large variety of deer. Now if he had shot a moose (not closely related to deer/elk) then he would have no sympathy. I was reminded of the ole boy who got permision to hunt a farmer's land and came up to the farmhouse to get help bringing out his kill. He had used one of those little block and tackle thingies to hoist it in a tree and bleed it and gut it out but it was too heavy for him to drag out. the farmer asked him what kind of big heavy deer it was and the hunter said mule deer and sure enough he had shot the farmer's mule, hung it up and gutted it out.

Patrick

/ HEADLINE: Kentucy man bags giant deer #4  
i think it would be pretty easy to tell the differnce them elk are much bigger
so what part ky you from?

/ HEADLINE: Kentucy man bags giant deer #5  
I read about that in Lexington Herald Leader. I am not a hunter but I think I could tell the difference.
The local game warden was giving this guy heck, which I don't blame him. Saying that this guy calling the Elk a Deer is like calling a Semi a Pickup.
If I recall correctly, I tried to find the article but couldn't, he may face a fine of $100 - $5,000, up to a year in jail, and the cost to replace the Elk ~ $3,400.
Could end up being an expensive mistake /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif.

Matt

/ HEADLINE: Kentucy man bags giant deer #6  
Since he has to pay all that, does he at least get to keep the thing?

/ HEADLINE: Kentucy man bags giant deer #7  
I don't think the game warden would let him, he was upset.

Matt

/ HEADLINE: Kentucy man bags giant deer #8  
bky, Stamping Ground in the bluegrass region. It's between Georgetown and Frankfort.

jd.gif

/ HEADLINE: Kentucy man bags giant deer #9  
The story even made the Manchester Union Leader in NH.
The Fish and Game Commissioner of the state sum it up w/a strong statement in which I agree.

Thomas..NH /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ HEADLINE: Kentucy man bags giant deer #10  
cool nky here noutside cincinnati