Headlight update

/ Headlight update #31  
I believe you'll be unpleasantly surprised. All depends on how many 'in the know' individuals get pizzed off about being blinded by LED headlights and illegal light bars and in Europe, the 'technology' is already in widespread use so adopting it here is a no 'big thing'. I know for a fact that I'd love to extinguish those light bars that young punks have on their lifted pickup trucks, extinguish by a FMJ.....lol

People today (mostly young people) are very inconsiderate of others. I'd love to educate them if I could get away with it. I cannot so I refrain from driving at night now. Easy answer for me.
So, the NHTSA is or is not pursuing legislation depending on who gets pissed off when? OK

/ Headlight update #33  
Isn’t it funny how people want others to be considerate of them but not necessarily the other way around?

When I am facing bright lights for whatever the reason, I just focus on the right edge of the road and know it will be over in a few seconds. Has worked for me for many years of driving and driving 70K to 100k miles per year. Not that big of a deal.

OP, your upgrade looks great and glad you like it.

/ Headlight update
Isn’t it funny how people want others to be considerate of them but not necessarily the other way around?

When I am facing bright lights for whatever the reason, I just focus on the right edge of the road and know it will be over in a few seconds. Has worked for me for many years of driving and driving 70K to 100k miles per year. Not that big of a deal.

OP, your upgrade looks great and glad you like it.
Thanks! I tilted my drivers side headlight down a little extra so I wouldn’t be aiming directly at oncoming traffic. It’s still way brighter and more comfortable than the factory halogens or the LEDs that came with new housings.

/ Headlight update #35  
Thanks! I tilted my drivers side headlight down a little extra so I wouldn’t be aiming directly at oncoming traffic. It’s still way brighter and more comfortable than the factory halogens or the LEDs that came with new housings.
I had to do that when I put aftermarket LED "fog" lights on my truck. Not as effective as I'd like, but they're so poorly focused that anything higher would blind oncoming drivers.

/ Headlight update #36  
Peace - I think the grill work on your truck looks very sharp. "No chrome" is one small reason I chose my Ram Power Wagon.
IMG_0002.jpeg

/ Headlight update
Peace - I think the grill work on your truck looks very sharp. "No chrome" is one small reason I chose my Ram Power Wagon.
View attachment 863025
I like the painted bumper and the hidden winch on your truck! I want to do the same to mine. I was not able to figure out how to reach the “spool out” lever when the winch is hidden in the bumper. My neighbor has a Silverado that he installed a receiver hitch in front behind the bumper. He keeps the winch in a toolbox in the bed until he needs it. He says that his winch is never in the rain or mud or UV light when not in use.

You have very nice truck! Thanks for post. (y)

Last edited:
   / Headlight update #38  
Peace,
I have those LEDs just above my headlights, they also serve as turn signals but they are always on.

Hey 5030 you like the our blinding lightbars, both front and back!
1713468841263.png

1713469050944.png

/ Headlight update
Peace,
I have those LEDs just above my headlights, they also serve as turn signals but they are always on.

Hey 5030 you like the our blinding lightbars, both front and back!
View attachment 863102
View attachment 863104
WOW! Your ATV is too clean! It looks like it just rolled off the showroom floor. Very nice. (y) It has a lot of light! Any night pics with all the lights on?

It took me a minute find the marker lights. Looks factory, nice install. They do look like the same ones I used.
I have a big bag of 17 left over. I was considering adding 3 more above each step rail on the sides. I don’t want to over do it and make my truck look like a Christmas tree.

Last edited:
   / Headlight update #40  
Peace
I have had that Yamaha covered in mud to the doors. However Im a clean freak with shades of a germaphobe too.
I power wash it immediately after a run on the trails and use a DeWalt buffer on it with pro-gold cleaner.
Plus it gets stored inside, I like my toys to look clean because when it comes time to replace one I always get top dollar$
The LEDs are mainly for use at the farm to find our dog, cat, or thieves at night in our fruit groves:mad:

Speaking of lights, I found 4 Hummer NV lights that Im converting over to 12V to mount on the front for a little more stealth at night.