Headlight Assembly peeling

/ Headlight Assembly peeling #1  

GMtb42

Gold Member
Tractor
SOLD Kioti CK20 HST Purchased CK3510SE HST
My headlight assembly is peeling in sheets of thin plastic. Not exposed to direct sunlight it is under a carport.
Have never seen this before on anything, like mica (mineral) peeling.
Any way to stop it? :confused:

/ Headlight Assembly peeling
Did some searching and all I can come up with is sanding or use 3M product.
It's a tractor not driving it on the roadway so just let it peel is my approach.
Assembly is $250+ that is not an option.

/ Headlight Assembly peeling #3  
I would guess your only option is replacement or sand it down and spray paint it silver. I would think a good coat of paint should stop the peeling.

Yeah it is the clear part or the lens that is peeling.
If I can get out today I will try and snap an shot or two of it.

1212131512.jpg

Last edited:
   / Headlight Assembly peeling #5  
The reflector - back inside of light - peeled on mine. haven't attempted to fix it yet.

/ Headlight Assembly peeling #6  
My headlight assembly is peeling in sheets of thin plastic. Not exposed to direct sunlight it is under a carport.
Have never seen this before on anything, like mica (mineral) peeling.
Any way to stop it? :confused:

How much work do you do after dark?

/ Headlight Assembly peeling #7  
Between the loader and the brush guard, I find the factory headlights on my DK45 to be all but useless. I wouldn't spend much of my own money to "fix" these factory lights if this happened to me.

How much work do you do after dark?
Some, I agree the peeling is cosmetic, but it looks bad. I mean if my wife's skin started peeling I would not like it because I do use her a lot after dark, I mean she would still be the same person and all, but the look would be distasteful. :thumbsup:

Between the loader and the brush guard, I find the factory headlights on my DK45 to be all but useless. I wouldn't spend much of my own money to "fix" these factory lights if this happened to me.
Good point!

The reflector - back inside of light - peeled on mine. haven't attempted to fix it yet.
Kind of the attitude I am having here, it looks bad and is a defect but does it hurt the tractor other than esthetics.

/ Headlight Assembly peeling #9  
I installed 2 front and 2 rear (55 watt each) lights just below the original cab lights. They are better than the factory supplied units. Plus the hardware is better quality as well. The brackets for the original cab lights rusted within the first 2 years - doesn't help living next to the ocean...

/ Headlight Assembly peeling #10  
If you wife starts peeling, that's when you would turn the lights OFF:D
The headlight itself, the outer lens is peeling, or the surround that holds the lamp in place- I couldn't tell from the pic?