hay ring

/ hay ring #12  
I like mine that are built out of sucker rod and haven't had one break but they have been bent up but still in service long after the square tubing ones break and fall apart.Just nobody sells them and I don't have the wont to build them. If I had a set up like Blue River I may :D

I have looked at the black poly ones $270 but I seen that the bolts could eventually pull threw(need bigger washers at least),where they are fused together could break and no way to heat them back together unless have a poly fusing machine and light weight.We have a pile of the square tubing ones,i need to go threw and weld ones can save back together. I just bought 4 new ones,the green ones at TSC with my 10%off coupon. I also drove and picked up some of the 10' concrete troughs and stopped messing with those plastic ones,first cow steps into bust a hole in,$140pc and weigh 2,000lbs so no cows going to slide them around either.

I need to build me about 4 .. You got a picture of them sucker rod ones?

/ hay ring #13  
Oops double post !!

/ hay ring #14  
Yeah it quit raining I will get you some

/ hay ring #15  
image.jpg sorry took so long,waited bring to house for horse's. I got 4 of those green ones from TSC and they seem sturdy,pretty heavy,they cost to much pick up with the tractor so handle them by hand and they all there.

/ hay ring #16  
My local feed store is selling some made out of plastic pipe that are heavy built. Everybody that has tried them that I know loves them and they last well. I haven't changed over yet but I plan to replace mine as needed with the plastic kind.

I've never run across plastic bale feeders. With my herd, I'd expect them to last about 20 minutes into the first use. --------------------------
There are different models of poly pipe feeders for cattle and horses.

Ours is for horses, is about 4 years old and holding up very well.

P4160003.JPG

P4160004.JPG

P4160005.JPG

/ hay ring #19  
Nearly all of my rings are at least 10 years old and I have a few that are nearing twenty years. At the eand of hay feeding season I do a little repair welding on them, knock the rust off and repaint. I then stack them down a fence line in a pyramid shape. The key here is to stack them on blocks to keep them off the ground and out of the manure for the summer. But I've had some bulls wreck a few also.