Having the correct tool

/ Having the correct tool #1  

Paddy

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota, G5200, KAMA 454
Most of us have said, Having the correct tool is important to get the job done. yesterday I had an un-plan break line repair. This means after, I needed to bleed the lines. One of the Bleeders was hopelessly stuck. Neither heat nor hammering would do a thing. I couldn't get vice grips on it either for the space.

The correct tool; Stud remover. This crafty device looks like a socket but has a bunch of nasty teeth on the inside. From the set of 5, you use the first one that won't slide over the stuck stud. With a hammer, pound it on. Then with either a 3/4 wrench or socket, rock it back and forth. I'd say if it breaks, you did all you could. You can use this set for removing smallish nuts as well

Any way, cool tool of the day. If you don't have a set, I recommend them. Saved me the cost of replacing the caliper

/ Having the correct tool #2  
Buy a tap and die set say day. You will need it when that stud remover snaps off your fitting.

/ Having the correct tool #3  
Interesting. I may have to look into this. Probably more efficient than a Vise Grip.
Thanks for the tip!

Joe

/ Having the correct tool
Breadtrk,

I have the taps/ dies, but if I had to take if off to drill and tap, I was replacing it.

/ Having the correct tool #5  
I will have to check that out.

Paddy, how did your icf house turn out?