Have you ever shipped a vehicle across the country?

/ Have you ever shipped a vehicle across the country? #11  
I've shipped farm implements and had farm tractors and implements delivered here. In fact I just won an action for a used piece of equipment (that I want) in Missouri and I'm having Tractor House (Sandhills) get me a ship quote. They do cars, trucks, bike, anything actually. Had excellent results with them in the past. This will be an LTL shipment this time so it won't be too expensive and I'll pay the driver when he or she delivers and of course I'll inspect it for shipping damage.

/ Have you ever shipped a vehicle across the country?
All the possible headaches that you may encounter with anyone else handling the move are just not worth the risk for me.
That's exactly why I want it transported. All the possible headaches I may encounter driving a vehicle across country that I'm not familiar with. Plus adding the miles to it.

I've priced it and by the time I pay air, bus or rail fare, plus hotels, gas on the way back and spend a week or more in the process, I may even come out ahead this way.

The transporters are insured for loss, though who knows how long it may take to recover funds.

/ Have you ever shipped a vehicle across the country? #13  
That's exactly why I want it transported. All the possible headaches I may encounter driving a vehicle across country that I'm not familiar with. Plus adding the miles to it.

I've priced it and by the time I pay air, bus or rail fare, plus hotels, gas on the way back and spend a week or more in the process, I may even come out ahead this way.

The transporters are insured for loss, though who knows how long it may take to recover funds.
This ^^^ exactly. I've shipped 4 cars. Not one of which I wish I had subjected myself to a plane flight and travel time/expense instead of paying a shipper. Reputable shippers (or the dealer) will send a pick up video walking around the vehicle and you can inspect upon arrival for any damage. I never had any damage.

Any more pros, cons or other comments about the companies listed? Any others to recommend?

Might be looking to book this in the next few days.

Now to get it scheduled.

Waiting for when they can do it.

/ Have you ever shipped a vehicle across the country? #16  
Give the shipper more time to ship for a potentially lower price. GL

Yeah, I'm not really in a hurry. Just don't want the dealer to tack on storage fees if it takes too long.

Older Tahoe in 'like new' condition.

Viewed on site by a TBNer here that I'll mention later.
So, that is none other than @oosik who was extremely helpful in going to the dealer to view the vehicle, then return for a test drive. He looked it over closely and says he can find no leaks or other problems and that it runs and drives very well.

I offered him some money for his time, but he refused. He liked the truck so well he tried to bribe the dealer into selling it to him.

/ Have you ever shipped a vehicle across the country? #19  
Paid 3500 to ship a truck from palmer AK to Coopersville MI. Best money spent.

Not driving that far with a 1 year old.

Went through minnalaska. We used them alot to ship heavy equipment to the lower 48 and have always been happy with them

/ Have you ever shipped a vehicle across the country? #20  
20 years ago we bought a truck out of state, 1000 miles away. Rented a car for the ride out and drove the truck back with temp plates. We wrapped a 3 day vacation around the trip with the kids. Shipping it would have been cheaper, but the 3 day road trip was much more fun.