Have you ever bought a tractor from a listing in another state, not in person?

/ Have you ever bought a tractor from a listing in another state, not in person? #11  
I bought a bunch of Allis Chalmers sight unseen, and just recently bought a Ford 1210 in West Virginia. I live in Florida...
I knew the 1210 had issues, but I was planning on buying 2 different tractors. The second one fell thru after I agreed to buy the first one. I got a friend in TN to go after it, and on his way south, drop it by ThePumpguySC place. When he was finished, I went after it.
There was another post about that 1210 that the 3 point wouldn't go down...finally fixed it with no money except for hydraulic fluid I lost. I am still under book value, but not by much.
David from jax

/ Have you ever bought a tractor from a listing in another state, not in person? #12  
Last year acquired a Kioti tractor from out of state.
But I traveled and checked the equipment before signing the paperwork -to me, this is a must.

/ Have you ever bought a tractor from a listing in another state, not in person? #13  
I bought this Kubota from a dealer sight unseen. They had several used CUTs cycling through from a large nursery fleet. This one had a really attractive price and as soon as it was listed, I called them. The sales person was open and honest, and their other listings seemed to be faithfully represented. Their online reviews were excellent. Their sales person had a cabin near me, so they delivered it for free. The price was low enough ($5k), I figured I could roll the dice. I gave it some fresh paint and new decals. It has been a great tractor.

1685468619051.png

/ Have you ever bought a tractor from a listing in another state, not in person? #14  
I've been wanting to go down to the Mecum Gone Farming auctions, but then covid came, and then there is dealing with border, duties, etc.
So I searched for antique tractors in my province.
Found a bunch that looked museum quality in pics and adds.

Then as soon as you call them and ask for a short video of it running, so you can make sure it is all that it is advertised to be before I make a 9 hour drive to where they are......you can't believe how many people told me no problem I'll send that to you, then they no longer even answer your calls.

/ Have you ever bought a tractor from a listing in another state, not in person? #15  
I once bought a 60 HP diesel stump grinder on Ebay. 1100 miles one way with truck and trailer. Priced right, low hours, immaculately maintained. Worth it? Yes! I never regretted it.

/ Have you ever bought a tractor from a listing in another state, not in person? #16  
Yep. My first tractor. Bought a Boomer 50 from Atlanta Speedway based on their online listing. Had all of 75 hours on it and looked brand new...basically was brand new....

/ Have you ever bought a tractor from a listing in another state, not in person? #17  
I have sent many vehicles by truck. Only contact with buyer was over the phone. Sold old things not running with four flats. As long as both parties are truly informed.

/ Have you ever bought a tractor from a listing in another state, not in person? #18  
I can totally relate to your dilemma when it comes to purchasing a tractor online without seeing it in person. Your question raises valid concerns about the practicality and potential risks involved in such a decision. It's natural to wonder whether it's common to buy a tractor in this manner or if waiting for a local option would be a safer bet.

In my experience, buying heavy machinery like tractors online without inspecting them firsthand can be a bit of a mixed bag. While there are certainly good deals to be found, there is always an element of uncertainty when it comes to the condition and performance of the unit. Driving it before making a purchase is indeed ideal, as it gives you a firsthand experience and allows you to assess its functionality.

/ Have you ever bought a tractor from a listing in another state, not in person? #19  
I bought a 75hp vermeer trencher/plow from Iowa and a 6ton excavator from Colorado, had them shipped to Virginia. Both had minor issues that I was able to fix and were great deals and machines. Better than anything I could find locally even I was willing spend 20k more here on each!

Wiring them money made me a little nervous but they were legit dealerships not individuals.

/ Have you ever bought a tractor from a listing in another state, not in person? #20  
Bought a used 3 year old round baler from a independent ag dealer in southern Missouri, trucker who was a customer of mine picked it up next time he was empty. It was everything dealer said it was when it arrived. When we needed a larger cab tractor he had one in our price range. Made a deal over the phone and picked it up with trailer. Turns out alternator regulator was stuck on and boiled the battery out when haying a few weeks later. Dealer split the parts cost and I did the labor. Very fair for a long distance deal on a used tractor I thought.
Just curious, who was the dealer? I am in SW missouri.