Have been told I cant use the FEL and RM Snowthrower

/ Have been told I cant use the FEL and RM Snowthrower #1  

cdaigle430

Veteran Member
Tractor
MF GC2410
I have the GC2410 and the dealership told me that you cannot hook up a FEL and rear mount snowthrower at the same time. I was told that the rear mount hooks into the FEL valve.

When I bought this I was hoping to be able to use both, does anyone have a solution or idea for this configuration?

My other two options is to trade up for a model that can do this like the 1540 or since I can't use both, just go with the front mount snowthrower.

/ Have been told I cant use the FEL and RM Snowthrower #2  
I dont own a GC but there is one on my dealers lot. His is set up with the snowblower and loader (and cab). His chute rotation is by electric winch.

Seems like its doable?

/ Have been told I cant use the FEL and RM Snowthrower #3  
Repost your question in the hydraulic forum and I'm sure you will get several solutions/options explained in detail. I'm assuming you're referring to a hydraulic shoot rotation option.
tp

/ Have been told I cant use the FEL and RM Snowthrower #4  
If the rotation is hydraulic, you could use your hydraulics that power the backhoe to power a valve for the rotation part. That would leave the loader control valve free to operate the loader.
Or have manual rotation installed.

/ Have been told I cant use the FEL and RM Snowthrower #5  
Instead of plumbing your chute rotation through the loader valve, I'd suggest plumbing and extra valve or two at the rear of the tractor to operate the hydraulics on the blower. I little more expensive, but a whole lot more functional.

/ Have been told I cant use the FEL and RM Snowthrower #6  
If the rotation is hydraulic, you could use your hydraulics that power the backhoe to power a valve for the rotation part. That would leave the loader control valve free to operate the loader. You should be able to do this. Being that it is a GC2410.

/ Have been told I cant use the FEL and RM Snowthrower #7  
I did that about three years ago. Plug an open center valve into your backhoe lines and use it control chute rotation. Better yet, put a double spool valve in and have more options. [ I should have done that at the beginning. Now I can't bring myself to remove a perfectly good valve. ] Works like a charm. I always have the FEL on in the winter and just change between a blade or a blower depending on the snow.

/ Have been told I cant use the FEL and RM Snowthrower #8  
And do you even need or want hydraulic chute rotation? If you don't have it, then it would seem there is nothing special needed at all.

/ Have been told I cant use the FEL and RM Snowthrower #9  
Repost your question in the hydraulic forum and I'm sure you will get several solutions/options explained in detail. I'm assuming you're referring to a hydraulic shoot rotation option.
tp

I've read on another thread that some people get the chute rotation powered by using a power window motor. Wiring in a switch would be easy and the gear will just keep on turning until you release the switch or it hits a stop.

/ Have been told I cant use the FEL and RM Snowthrower #10  
why not just get a blower with a manual chute? Mine is manual and it really is no big deal to crank the handle to move the chute. Unless you have a full cab then it might be an issue.