Have a new furry tenant....

/ Have a new furry tenant.... #1  

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kubota M9000 HDCC3 M9000 HDC
While quite unusual around here a beautiful red fox has taken up residence in an abandoned ground hog den under the pine trees on my rental property next door. been consuming apples from the nearby apple trees than have fallen on the ground, out there every morning eating away.

Little worried about his survival through the winter, wife is suggesting a food platform with nuts and fruit for him to consume. Don't want to chase him away, besides, they kill racoons and I presume eat them and we have had a racoon issue in the hip roof barn lately.

Pretty much keeps his distance from humans but pretty to observe.

Thought it was a Yote at first but it's not. Out here you can shoot Yotes on sight, any time, no permit needed.

/ Have a new furry tenant.... #2  
All I can say is they are a messy neighbor. And when they take up residence, they leave their scat everywhere.

/ Have a new furry tenant.... #3  
Remember the rule. No pictures, it never happened.

/ Have a new furry tenant.... #4  
Almost the same scenario at my place.. change the color to RED & change the fruit to PEARS & FIGS..
Fun to watch tho..

/ Have a new furry tenant....
Remember the rule. No pictures, it never happened.
As a rule, I'm not a picture person. My renter did take some pictures of him/her however. Have to see if I can upload any for your enjoyment.

/ Have a new furry tenant....
Almost the same scenario at my place.. change the color to RED & change the fruit to PEARS & FIGS..
Fun to watch tho..
Poop is not an issue here as well live in a very rural setting. I'm more about him staying and being fed properly. We have never (since I can remember) had a fox resident around here. He's certainly cleaning up the apple drops under the tree. bet he has loose poop. :p

/ Have a new furry tenant.... #7  
I have coyotes - by the pack. They help control the mice and chipmunks. They poo out on the far edged of my yard. So it's never a problem.

Just prior to full dark - out on our porch to listen to their evening serenades. The latest daily gossip is passed back and forth.

/ Have a new furry tenant.... #8  
Check at your local feed and seed store. Maybe they sell fox chow. I know they make and sell monkey chow.

/ Have a new furry tenant.... #9  
We recommend against feeding wild foxes, and most other wildlife.
Whenever we feed wildlife two things happen, the animals stop hunting, and they lose their fear of humans. While befriending a wild fox may seem like a great idea, it usually ends very badly for the animal. There is a common saying among wildlife rehabbers, “a fed fox is a dead fox”.

/ Have a new furry tenant.... #10  
Doesn't that logic apply to humans as well?