Has old iron doubled in price?

/ Has old iron doubled in price? #1  

LD1

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kubota MX5100
I always browse marketplace and Craigslist cause ya never know when something will catch your eye.

Up until a few years ago, there was never a shortage of $800-$2000 N-series Ford tractors for sale. With an occasional hundred series for $3000-$4000.

Now it seems I am seeing an awful lot of N-series tractors....nothing special or restored....just working tractors....for $4000-$5000.

That's nuts for an N-series IMO. Anyone seeing similar around their area?

/ Has old iron doubled in price? #2  
I always browse marketplace and Craigslist cause ya never know when something will catch your eye.

Up until a few years ago, there was never a shortage of $800-$2000 N-series Ford tractors for sale. With an occasional hundred series for $3000-$4000.

Now it seems I am seeing an awful lot of N-series tractors....nothing special or restored....just working tractors....for $4000-$5000.

Just took a look thru local listings and I'm seeing a number of questionable N series in the 1K area then runners are in the 1K to 3K range with the lookers in the 4K to 8K range. My YM purchased last spring is almost 4K more today.

/ Has old iron doubled in price? #3  
There are very specialized uses for metals that were smelted prior to atomc testing.

/ Has old iron doubled in price? #4  

Local Craigslist has a 1948 all redone ford 8n for $7,500. :rolleyes:

/ Has old iron doubled in price? #5  
There are very specialized uses for metals that were smelted prior to atomc testing.

They usually want shipwreck metal that was protected from the air.