Hard to beat my 2002 and 2004 M9's

/ Hard to beat my 2002 and 2004 M9's #1  

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kubota M9000 HDCC3 M9000 HDC
Both in an unheated barn and it's -4 (f) here and both popped right off (10 second pre heat). The one has 6500 hours on it and the other 4500 hours. Blowing a little vapor but no smoke. Both are warming up on high idle to charge the batteries. I have not run either one for at least a month. Need to move a pallet of wood pellets foe the pellet stove. Probably the 5-40 T6 Rotella helped a bit and careful maintenance as well.

Great tractors.

/ Hard to beat my 2002 and 2004 M9's #2  
Both in an unheated barn and it's -4 (f) here and both popped right off (10 second pre heat). The one has 6500 hours on it and the other 4500 hours. Blowing a little vapor but no smoke. Both are warming up on high idle to charge the batteries. I have not run either one for at least a month. Need to move a pallet of wood pellets foe the pellet stove. Probably the 5-40 T6 Rotella helped a bit and careful maintenance as well.

Great tractors.
Certainly great tractors and much to like about them. Are they early enough to avoid having to use DEF or having to run the exhaust system burnoff procedures? At the minus 4 deg temp what are you doing for anti-gel? Running 50% kerosene I assume.

/ Hard to beat my 2002 and 2004 M9's
Certainly great tractors and much to like about them. Are they early enough to avoid having to use DEF or having to run the exhaust system burnoff procedures? At the minus 4 deg temp what are you doing for anti-gel? Running 50% kerosene I assume.
Pre T3 interem so no emissions at all. I run Power Service winter bottle, never an issue and a Racor water block filter on both with a heated bowl. When I drove big trucks for the steel company I retired from, all we ran was Power Service and never had an issue.

I'm sure I could sell them in a flash if I wanted to. Bought them new many years ago. 21 and 19.

• Good Post
Reactions: JWR
   / Hard to beat my 2002 and 2004 M9's #4  
Surprised that Power Service treatment precludes gel at temps like minus 4. Wonder if your fuel is routinely "winterized" in that area and that makes it easier to depend on Power Service? (e.g. both treatments working together.) I never felt I could be sure whether local fuel suppliers really did anything to the fuel or not. When I had gel stop a diesel in the past it was around 10 degrees or just below. Another time 10 below. Both time with a VW.

Surprised that Power Service treatment precludes gel at temps like minus 4. Wonder if your fuel is routinely "winterized" in that area and that makes it easier to depend on Power Service? (e.g. both treatments working together.) I never felt I could be sure whether local fuel suppliers really did anything to the fuel or not. When I had gel stop a diesel in the past it was around 10 degrees or just below. Another time 10 below. Both time with a VW.
Last time they were topped off from the bulk tank, it was a fall buy so I presume untreated with anything fuel and no issues at all. Even looked at the Racor's for gel and nothing.

• Good Post
Reactions: JWR
   / Hard to beat my 2002 and 2004 M9's #6  
Glad you like your tractors… I own a m7060 open station an a m6-141 cab… both have fel.
M7060 2019 m6-141 2020… in my opinion the m6-141 is ok nothing to really brag about. The m7060 is decent. They are both light weights compared to others I’ve previously owned.. but no 1 forced me to buy them… they will do.

Have no idea what they weigh actually but they handle my farming stuff just fine. Both have FEL's and both have cast centers but most times, only the cab unit has it's FEL on. Have 3 buckets as well. 2 light duty and one excavation bucket.

Have no issues with traction either and rarely have either in front wheel assist. I can handle 3 large rounds in the field, 2 on the front and one on the back.

Both are cranked up a bit (my tech at the dealer) cranked them up as they are 100% mechanical injection. I'll keep them until I quit farming and then sell them. I'm sure they are both worth quite a bit. In fact, my dealer told me they are worth almost what I paid for them new.

I would NEVER buy any tractor that was T4 or T5 but then I have no need to.

I will say that I was there when he had them on the dyno and the turbo's (hot side) were glowing) and they were both blowing some smoke. If they had DPF's I'm sure they would go into regen...lol

For me, both are ideal units. Ticked I bought them when I did.

/ Hard to beat my 2002 and 2004 M9's #8  
I will say this.. you seem very knowledgeable about your business and equipment. I like to think I know a few things but it’s always good to listen and learn… I’ve read your posts on several different topics and I must admit you take care of your equipment. Where I’m located the equipment dealers are a few miles away and they are not the sharpest knives in the drawer.lol I like good dependable equipment. The only thing is I don’t farm any way near what I used too.. it is a hobby! Expensive hobby! But it’s also in the blood. The m6-141 is my first def tractor and will be my last. Like I said the Kubota are ok but I’m a jd man at heart.

/ Hard to beat my 2002 and 2004 M9's #9  
I think we all might be at heart, it's just the wallet that's objecting. 😄
But I hear that gap is tightening.