Hard cold start

/ Hard cold start #11  
engine wear comes from cold starts

Huh? You mean dry starts. A good synthetic oil will eliminate that. And I don’t like in-line heaters. Too often they’re the type that catch fire. Mine did right before my eyes. Would’ve lost my tractor and shed if I wasn’t right there. Block heaters would be a better option, if not a pan heater…

/ Hard cold start #12  
I also use an oil pan silicone heat pad. Made a major difference in starting in north idaho winters.

/ Hard cold start #13  
I also use an oil pan silicone heat pad. Made a major difference in starting in north idaho winters.
How does it attach? A few years ago I picked up a magnetic heater only to discover the pan was non-ferrous. 😡

/ Hard cold start #14  
It has adhesive on back, and a silicon to seal sides against water intrusion. I stuck mine on 10 years ago, still work great.

/ Hard cold start #15  
Oil pan heat pad. Will heat the entire engine. Easy to install. Amazon sells a bunch of different sizes. Look at your oil pan and figure out where you can attach one and what size would fit.
100% agree with Kioti Dave's recommendation! Also add a Thermocube. Also Amazon item. It turns on at 35 degrees and off at 45, so you only are running electric when needed. I use it on my Sany excavator with a battery heat pad. The combo are the way to go....
Post back results.

/ Hard cold start #16  
I have a 2015 CS 2410 and it came with a block heater. It is in the single freeze plug on the left hand side of the engine will get a picture of it tomorrow. I didnt see any numbers on it but will look harder. I always bump the throttle up just a little bit off idle before cranking and that helps immensely.

/ Hard cold start #18  
The Daedong indirect injected engines are miserable to start in the cold. I installed a lower hose heater on mine, preheat an hour before attempting to start and she pops right off. Before you would swear it was coming apart
This is exactly what our dealer said. They - thankfully - installed a block heater without asking for one, and recommended plugging in for an hour before starting when particularly cold. Otherwise, we cycle the glow plugs several times, then shake rattle and roll a bit before smoothing out. We're in NH.

/ Hard cold start #19  
Use a diesel fuel conditioner that has a Cetane improver additive included. You wouldn’t believe the difference it makes on a cold start. Rattle/roll reduced substantially when I use Amsoil All-in-One diesel conditioner.