Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #15,701  
I remember listening in disbelief that Sears power tools were being made in Japan and the quality we all loved in the 50s and 60s was gone.
Yeah. A while back Harbor Freight got real serious about filling the niche that Sears abandoned.

This seems to be working.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #15,702  
I remember listening in disbelief that Sears power tools were being made in Japan and the quality we all loved in the 50s and 60s was gone.
I have some of those old US made power tools handed down from my grandfather. They were good for the day, but most modern power tools are far better, wherever they’re made. I’ll take my DeWalt 1/2 inch drill over the old craftsman drill I have that sparks and runs out of torque pretty quickly.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #15,703  
I never thought I'd say this, but every time I stop in HF I'm impressed. I have their shop crane now, and several of their roll-arounds carts with the single drawer.
Basically as good or better than anyone else's - including Home Depot - and for about 1/3 the price.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #15,704  
I never thought I'd say this, but every time I stop in HF I'm impressed. I have their shop crane now, and several of their roll-arounds carts with the single drawer.
Basically as good or better than anyone else's - including Home Depot - and for about 1/3 the price.
HF has 3 distinct levels of quality and price. The one use and toss level, the may last for a while level and the good as or better than everyone else level and every level is less in cost that anyone else's is. I have a boatload of HF stuff but it's all Icon, Chief, US General and Pittsburg Premium and Vulcan and Titanium. All my cordless tools are Bauer 20 volt and none have ever failed yet. They are 'homeowner' grade but compared to the others, always a bargain.

I just purchased a Vulcan Pro-Tig 205 and a pair of Titanium plasma cutters btw. The Pro-Tig makes the smoothest, most stable arc of any TIG welder I've ever owned and it's 100% digital and it's IGBT so it's very efficient with the ever higher cost of electricity. Same with the plasma cutters, very efficient and consumables are cheap as well. I like HF's credit card and ITC club too. Large purchases are finance charge free for up to 36 months, something I always take advantage of.

I admit it, I'm a HF junkie.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #15,705  
Around here the pawn shops will loan on those tools but not HF tool of any name.

Bruce
Never been in a pawn shop in my entire life and never plan on it.

I won't buy someone else's used tools or junk.

Don't care if a pawn shop won't do HF stuff at all because I'm not ever plan or pawning any of it anyway.

Bad enough I go to farm auctions but I rarely buy anything other than the watered down hot cocoa and a stale, over priced doughnut.

One thing about farm auctions and that is, the people selling the junk, all think it's gold. It ain't.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #15,707  
No, but I have an older Pacific Hydrostar pressure washer with a 5 horse Pred on it that I've been running for 10 years now and it still runs like a top. Good PW. It's washed a lot of tractors, cars and implements. I did replace the cheapo hose a few years back however. Menards has the adjustable nozzle for less but I prefer just changing tips myself.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #15,710  
It's interesting that HF has had success selling only tools compared to Sears that at one time or another has sold almost everything including kits to build houses.