Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #14,681  
1. 10" carbide table say blades for $10, and they stay sharp as long as blades costing 3X as much.
2. Impact sockets I'v had a set for over 15 years and haven't broken any yet.
3. 4 1/2" grinding wheels. Last just as long as the $8 ones .
Just got some of the impact sockets, and it seems any of the basic tools with no electronics or power seem to work out fine..

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #14,682  
Might have been doing maintenance and remember, they are in Kalifornia there is a time difference.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #14,683  
"2. Impact sockets I'v had a set for over 15 years and haven't broken any yet."

Their impact sockets have to be the best priced tool they have. I have yet to break one and I've broken about everything else.

I use them with my Astro Pneumatic Onyx Thor impact gun. 925 foot pounds tightening and 1150 nut bosting. It can lay waste to any weak socket real quick. Their pinned universal impacts aren't worth beans. I can break them almost instantly.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #14,684  
I buy their 'Warrior' thin kerf 4 1/2" abrasive cut off discs by the 10 pack. As good as anyone else's at 1/3 the cost. I go through them like water.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #14,685  
Looks like they are back online...
The HF site seems to be working today.

However, for some items, the site is no longer telling me if that item is in stock at my "home" store or other stores nearby. It was not 100% accurate, but it was a handy feature.

I'm halfway through redoing the lighting in two workshops, and have not been able to complete the project. I can understand being out of stock, but why not just tell me that, rather than forcing me to call to check?

Last edited:
   / Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #14,686  
Prices are too high for their items these days, I see HF going under sooner than later

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #14,687  
Prices are too high for their items these days, I see HF going under sooner than later
Doubt it. There will always be a demand for cheap tools, many of which "don't suck"... :D

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #14,688  
bought 4' led lights that connect. 5500 lumens work great. Saved a lot in conduit/wire that is if I could find any.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #14,689  
Doubt it. There will always be a demand for cheap tools, many of which "don't suck"... :D
There is always a full parking lot and lines at the checkout at my local HF. They are busier than ever since they have started carrying better quality stuff.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #14,690  
HF isn't going anywhere any time soon. Not when their quality stuff is less than the competition. I only buy good stuff there, not one time use junk. Their tool boxes are very high quality. So is the Icon, Doyle, Chief and Drummond lines. All less sometimes substantially less than the competition. While I don't own a Predator genny, I hear nothing but good about them. I do have one of their Badland's winches. Never an issue with it either.

A while ago I bought a Chief 4.5 " air angle grinder. It's the mirror image of the IR and it's over 100 bucks less.