Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #12,251  
^^ I'd still prefer a Northern closer than 90 miles. I might even drive past an HF to get to an NT.

We have a new Northern Tool store opened recently in part of the old Gander Mtn store about 20 miles from us. Been open for a couple of months now. I haven't been in there yet. I still go to HF.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #12,252  
I was going to get 2 sets of these last year. Ended up going to HD with the HF add. They beat the price by 10% on the HD Metaltech scaffolding. The Metaltech was much better built, especially the deck.

If you can稚 get the Metaltech, the HF scaffolding is ok for homeowners use.

We did the same thing when remodeling our house. The Metaltech is pretty decent quality. I haven't heard anything bad about the HF scaffold.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #12,253  
I think the NT version was Metaltech. I'll have to check the packaging for the ones I got from TS, but everything looks solid and fits well.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #12,254  
^^ I'd still prefer a Northern closer than 90 miles. I might even drive past an HF to get to an NT.

I have both Northern Tool and HF within an easy drive, I probably have 5-6 HF's within 50 miles

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck
#12,255  
.......... Wife goes to 'Dollar Tree' instead, where 99% IS below a dollar.
Actually 100% is a dollar or less. I find good values there, but like HF, not on everything. Maybe we need a Dollar Tree items that don't suck thread. :laughing:

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #12,256  
I did something I have never done and that was to place an Internet Harbor Freight Order.

Received email saying they are back ordered indefinably 5 days after placing my order and my order will be cancelled unless I call and say not to cancel...

I thought good stocking stuffers but it looks like a no go...

Here is cut and paste...

An item(s) from your order is currently out of stock and its delivery date has been delayed.
We are unable to provide an estimated ship date at this time because we do not have a ship date from the factory. Your action is required within 21 days to proceed with this order.

If you still want the item(s) and are willing to wait indefinitely, please call Customer service at 1-800-444-3353. If we do not hear from you and we have not shipped by 12/25/2019, the item(s) will be cancelled and removed from your order.

Yep, I got the same thing. At least there's a chance it may still come. I'd be more annoyed if I went to the store and they were out of them. At least this doesn't waste my time in traffic.

BTW, folks asked about the replaceable battery. Here's a pic of the one from the light and the one from my Guarddog flashlight, same size.

battry.jpg

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #12,257  
   / Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #12,258  
Yep... guess I will need to call in to prevent cancellation.

Over the years I have directly bought or referred those to Northern for generators...

The Honda prices seem to be the same everywhere but with the $200 gift card and free shipping it was too good to pass up.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #12,259  
Yep, I got the same thing. At least there's a chance it may still come. I'd be more annoyed if I went to the store and they were out of them. At least this doesn't waste my time in traffic.

BTW, folks asked about the replaceable battery. Here's a pic of the one from the light and the one from my Guarddog flashlight, same size.

View attachment 631371
Those 18650's are widely used. Tesla's cars (before Model 3) run on over 7,000 of them!

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #12,260  

View attachment 631371

Check the below link and look for a store near you. They also do online orders if you can help them identify what you need. Great outfit for many things beside batteries and bulbs. Pays to check them out. They have a booming business in Tacoma WA close to me.
Our Company - About Us - Batteries Plus Bulbs

Ron