Harbor Freight Titanium Unlimited 200 behavior question

/ Harbor Freight Titanium Unlimited 200 behavior question #21  
Anyone own one of these? If I set my wire feed speed around 80-90 IPM, when I press the trigger, a small amount of wire comes out and then stops. I have to release the trigger and then press it again for more wire. I would think that wire feed would be continuous but at a slow speed. Anyone else have this issue? Is it normal behavior for this welder?

/ Harbor Freight Titanium Unlimited 200 behavior question #22  
Anyone own one of these? If I set my wire feed speed around 80-90 IPM, when I press the trigger, a small amount of wire comes out and then stops. I have to release the trigger and then press it again for more wire. I would think that wire feed would be continuous but at a slow speed. Anyone else have this issue? Is it normal behavior for this welder? Mine did the exact same thing but as I welded with it over the next couple months it started coming out continuously working like it was supposed to. Just recently let it set for 2 months and hooked it up yesterday to use it and it won't work at all now.. biggest POS ever

/ Harbor Freight Titanium Unlimited 200 behavior question #24  
I don't have this unit, but my old small Millermatic will do this if the wire on the spool isn't wound properly so it doesn't freely come off of the spool. Guessing your problem isn't this; in my case I had to throw away the entire spool as I couldn't get it to unspool nicely (another vote for buying the right wire in the first place...)

/ Harbor Freight Titanium Unlimited 200 behavior question #25  
Sounds like drive rollers need tightening.

/ Harbor Freight Titanium Unlimited 200 behavior question #26  
On my Vulcan Omnipro 220, there's a switch inside the cabinet for loading the wire. When that switch is on, it will feed wire until you release the switch. When off, the wire will feed a small amount if you're not welding. That's so you can get a clean cut between welds. If you are welding the wire will feed until you release the trigger. There's also the 2T/4T setting in manual mode but that's another subject.

Cold Wire Feed.jpg

/ Harbor Freight Titanium Unlimited 200 behavior question #28  
The 4t/2t switch is right on front, easy to hit and they do behave weird... I haven't played with it enough to get used to but for some projects it would likely be a nice feature...