Harbor Freight copies StrongHand Nomad welding table...$59

/ Harbor Freight copies StrongHand Nomad welding table...$59 #62  
My plastic handles were worthless. The welded nut on the inside of the legs was welded at a slight angle on both sides. so the machine screw bound slightly do to the friction caused by rubbing on the os of the hole on the other side of the leg.

One of mine was the same way, but I used my chain saw file and filed the hole on the other side of the leg a little so the handle bolt would align with the nut.

What surprised me was all the fasteners were high grade except for those 4 little screws that hold the table top on. They were so soft they stripped out with hardly any effort. :fiery:
I'm going to get replacements at the hardware store. It stands to reason that the top holding the projects should have capable fasteners.
:smiley_aafz:

/ Harbor Freight copies StrongHand Nomad welding table...$59 #63  
Some of those would work, but you would have to grind off the metric nut on the bench and weld on an SAE nut to match the knobs. I'm just going to weld a pc. of flat stock on to the metric bolt that came with the table.

/ Harbor Freight copies StrongHand Nomad welding table...$59 #65  
When mine handles break I will weld some round stock to the bolt. No biggie. Everything on mine lined up well enough. I used my cordless drill with the chuck set to a lower setting so it slipped before breaking anything.

/ Harbor Freight copies StrongHand Nomad welding table...$59 #66  
I just picked up the Welding Table. Seems like its pretty solid to me. The stupid plastic 'handles' will probably get replaced with HF 13mm wrenches welded on the bolts when the break :) (or even a piece of flat stock).

I did just find this that may prove to be useful with the table (although some minor modification may be needed for it to work right)

9" Drill Press Locking Clamp

As for the cabinet.... I sure wish they had that back in December/January when I was buying carts for my welder and plasma cutter :-( I would have got at least one....

One of my handles stripped the first time I used it. Took them both off and will either weld something to the bolt or replace with a handle from Reid Supply or McMaster-Carr.

Other than that the table seems pretty good. Used it for the first time today on a quick weld job.

When I bought my table I also picked up this cheap vise for $17. It's great for holding small pieces for welding or grinding and since it rotates in both axis you can position the work where you want it. Its made to clamp to a thick table top but I used a 1-1/4 nut as a spacer under the table to make up for the thin metal top. Works well and very sturdy.

HF Welding Table 016.jpg HF Welding Table 019.jpg HF Welding Table 015.jpg

Last edited:
   / Harbor Freight copies StrongHand Nomad welding table...$59 #67  
When I bought my table I also picked up this cheap vise for $17. It's great for holding small pieces for welding or grinding and since it rotates in both axis you can position the work where you want it. Its made to clamp to a thick table top but I used a 1-1/4 nut as a spacer under the table to make up for the thin metal top. Works well and very sturdy.

View attachment 368001

2-1/2" Table Swivel Vise

That's a good little vise. Well worth the money($18 w/coupon).
I bought one about 2 years ago and mounted it on a shelf in my garage. I never thought about putting it on the HF welding table I just got. But I can see where it would be very handy there.
Thanks for the suggestion. :thumbsup:

/ Harbor Freight copies StrongHand Nomad welding table...$59 #68  
I've had the table for a few weeks, overall it's been pretty good. But one of the plastic leg pieces split in half and fell off... A rocking 3 leg table was not very useful so a little duck table is holding it on until I come up with something better.

/ Harbor Freight copies StrongHand Nomad welding table...$59
I've had the table for a few weeks, overall it's been pretty good. But one of the plastic leg pieces split in half and fell off... A rocking 3 leg table was not very useful so a little duck table is holding it on until I come up with something better.

A rocking welding table is a brilliant idea. What a great way to get perfectly stacked dimes or a perfect Z motion. Hold the electrode in place and use your foot to rock the table while an assistant pushes the table along the axis of the weld. Maybe use an HF winch to do that.

/ Harbor Freight copies StrongHand Nomad welding table...$59 #70  
A rocking welding table is a brilliant idea. What a great way to get perfectly stacked dimes or a perfect Z motion. Hold the electrode in place and use your foot to rock the table while an assistant pushes the table along the axis of the weld. Maybe use an HF winch to do that.
Great idea. This could even work on a sewing machine.