Hand Pump for Deep Well Water aka Human Powered.

/ Hand Pump for Deep Well Water aka Human Powered.
There are other companies that make and sell all the equipment nessessary for a hand operated water pump.:)

Ever think about a windmill operated system?

Figured a windmill would be even more money. :D

I have only heard of two companies that are making hand operated, deep well pumps. Do you know of others?

Later,
Dan

/ Hand Pump for Deep Well Water aka Human Powered. #13  
Figured a windmill would be even more money. :D

I have only heard of two companies that are making hand operated, deep well pumps. Do you know of others?

Later,
Dan

The windmill replaces the electric pump.

If need be it would not be at all difficult to make your own pump, sucker rods and surface pump.:thumbsup:

/ Hand Pump for Deep Well Water aka Human Powered. #14  
I have seen the Bison pump, it's a real nice SS unit and has a real good rep.

/ Hand Pump for Deep Well Water aka Human Powered. #15  
My first post mentioned being out of power for two weeks. When Fran hit this area where I live now was out of of power for at least two weeks. After a week I do not think we will be worrying with the freezer since we will have eaten the food or tossed it. The fridge we might be able to keep cool but the big issue is water. Running the genset for two weeks is going to be problematic.

Getting water without needed gas would be a good thing.

This pump does not make money sense unless we were out of power for a week or more so I don't think we will be buying it anytime soon. :laughing:

Our static water level is 23 feet so we would not have to go very deep but the pipe lengths and rod is not what is expensive with their product.

There are other threads running about getting water and this is an option.

Later,
Dan

If your static water level is 23 ft, a simple pitcher pump should work...depending on your local altitude. The practical pitcher pump 'draw' is about 26' but that is as sea level.

Harry K

/ Hand Pump for Deep Well Water aka Human Powered. #16  
Yes you could but running a genset for two weeks is an expensive PITA. We do not needs light and TV but we do need water.

Later,
Dan

After pumping water from a deep well for 2 weeks, I think you'll be looking for the gen set. :) Deep water is heavy, manual pumping s not an easy thing.

Liked the cheap plastic pump someone linked to, but don' you need the outer pipe and the inner handle pipe, the site only mentions one length of pipr?

For another alternative, some remote livestock operations have gont to solar cell pumps, slow but constant pumping.

--->Paul

/ Hand Pump for Deep Well Water aka Human Powered. #17  
After pumping water from a deep well for 2 weeks, I think you'll be looking for the gen set. Deep water is heavy, manual pumping s not an easy thing.
/QUOTE]

You'll note water usage will greatly decrease after a few days spent working the pum handle.:)

/ Hand Pump for Deep Well Water aka Human Powered. #19  
I sell the Baker Monitor Deep Well Hand pump. But it won't go down your six inch well along side your submersible. This one claims to do just that. I have never seen one up close nor have I sold one because they offered me a whopping 5% discount to sell them (Whooopie). But if you want other options, check them out. They are somewhere in Michigan: Simple pump hand water pump or solar powered water pump.

After pumping water from a deep well for 2 weeks, I think you'll be looking for the gen set. :) Deep water is heavy, manual pumping s not an easy thing.

Liked the cheap plastic pump someone linked to, but don' you need the outer pipe and the inner handle pipe, the site only mentions one length of pipr?

For another alternative, some remote livestock operations have gont to solar cell pumps, slow but constant pumping.

--->Paul

With the expensive design the pumping is not supposed to be that hard. In any case it would only be about 40 feet in our well. I already have a genset but I do not want to have to depend on it.

The expensive design simply has a cylinder in the well that pushes the water up the pipe. The pipe is PVC and has a rod inside that operates the cylinder. Pretty simple.

Later,
Dan