Had a bit of easter luck with a rabbit hunt

/ Had a bit of easter luck with a rabbit hunt #11  
Poor Bunny makes a wrong turn in Albaquerque and BOOM!

/ Had a bit of easter luck with a rabbit hunt #12  
Is it rabbit season in Texas? I've never heard of rabbit hunting this time of year.
There are no closed seasons, bag limits or possession limits; and, rabbits and hares may be hunted at any time by any lawful means or methods on private property.
Rabbits are not considered a game animal in Texas open season with a valid small game hunting license.

/ Had a bit of easter luck with a rabbit hunt #13  
Texas is not a good place to be a rabbit I guess.

/ Had a bit of easter luck with a rabbit hunt #15  
Got to have some Easter Bunny stew last Sunday!

View attachment 861535
I've shot...as my Dad used to say...and eaten...a wagon load of rabbits in my time. If that's a cotton tail, it's a big un! I've also shot a lot of Jacks, but it doesn't look like a jack to me. I grew up on rabbits, squirrels, quail, ducks, fish and frog legs. It's been a while, though. I used a Remington Target Master .22 single shot.

/ Had a bit of easter luck with a rabbit hunt #16  
2Lane - that is the same 22 rifle my father bought for me. That was - 1948. Still have it and still use it. Model 510.

My son used it to eliminate all the ground hogs in our vicinity.

/ Had a bit of easter luck with a rabbit hunt #17  
2Lane - that is the same 22 rifle my father bought for me. That was - 1948. Still have it and still use it. Model 510.

My son used it to eliminate all the ground hogs in our vicinity.
My Dad bought this one during WWII; a guy working for him needed money. He gave it to my Mother, who gave it to me in 1950. I still have mine also, but promised it to my oldest Grandson.

/ Had a bit of easter luck with a rabbit hunt #18  
I love my single shot 410. Awesome rabbit gun

/ Had a bit of easter luck with a rabbit hunt #19  
Love my Henry 410 single shot.
20221124_101201.jpg