Guy uses fake check to steal Massey tractor...recognize him?

/ Guy uses fake check to steal Massey tractor...recognize him? #231  
He never should have been asked the questions.
LEO's are trained to focus on such questions, especially with an out of state driver in a rental car. Many people would be amazed at the stupid and incriminating things people say and reveal-- if asked a question by an LEO.

What I found odd in the article was the trooper elaborating on what a great driver he was. Except for following a little too closely. Which led to seizing lots of cash. Hmmm.

/ Guy uses fake check to steal Massey tractor...recognize him? #232  
Who here if they had their life savings stolen from them and that's exactly what the law enforcement officer did wouldn't forever dis-like law enforcement and the law, like I said in an earlier post this situation would probably make an outlaw out of an otherwise good man.

/ Guy uses fake check to steal Massey tractor...recognize him? #233  
You guys are living 20 years in the future compared to the US. I admire your PM.
With all the insecure things people deal with when doing online banking, I would say that the future is bleak and filled with even more ways for us to get ripped off! I will stay with cash and old fashioned checks as long as possible!

Janet

/ Guy uses fake check to steal Massey tractor...recognize him? #235  
That sounds like a choice to live within the law, or not.
So you would report the 50 dollars you made at a yard sale? The 20 bucks the guy down the road handed you for the burn barrel?

I have no issue reporting the things that count, but I like freedom and don’t need someone watching over my shoulder! They get thier taxes due, they don’t need to see everything and everyplace I go!

Get over it and be free!

Janet

/ Guy uses fake check to steal Massey tractor...recognize him? #236  
LEO's are trained to focus on such questions, especially with an out of state driver in a rental car. Many people would be amazed at the stupid and incriminating things people say and reveal-- if asked a question by an LEO.

What I found odd in the article was the trooper elaborating on what a great driver he was. Except for following a little too closely. Which led to seizing lots of cash. Hmmm.
I learned long ago not to talk to them.
We got pulled over in Texas sometime in the 80’s on our way back from NEW Mexico. They had my husband who was driving step out of the car and the other officer was asking me questions. Being tired I mistakenly said Mexico and didn’t pronounce the NEW when asked the second time as if he didn’t hear me the first time. My husband said New Mexico loud and clear. When the 2 cops collaborated they decided our answers were inconsistent and wanted to search the car.

My Husband being the loveable jerk he is refused, even after being told they would just get a dog and hold us longer. I still remember his answer to them, “ I don’t mind wasting your time, for every minute you waste pestering me I save someone else the headache of being harassed by you! Bring your dogs if it makes you happy!”

The funny thing is he knew commands for the dogs the police didn’t and was talking in a forgin language, I think it was German but not sure and the cop handling the dog was having the hardest time controlling the dog.

They never searched the car!

Janet

/ Guy uses fake check to steal Massey tractor...recognize him? #237  
He should never have answered the questions.
I probably would be the same… nothing to hide so what’s the problem would be my thought…

I’ve been stopped a number of time late at night and always cooperated.

/ Guy uses fake check to steal Massey tractor...recognize him? #238  
   / Guy uses fake check to steal Massey tractor...recognize him? #239  
So you would report the 50 dollars you made at a yard sale? The 20 bucks the guy down the road handed you for the burn barrel?

I have no issue reporting the things that count, but I like freedom and don’t need someone watching over my shoulder! They get thier taxes due, they don’t need to see everything and everyplace I go!

Get over it and be free!

Janet

If I make $50 at a yard sale, I’m selling something that I paid a whole lot more for, and already paid sales tax on it, so I’m selling at a loss. And not as a business. Barter system.

/ Guy uses fake check to steal Massey tractor...recognize him? #240  
If I make $50 at a yard sale, I’m selling something that I paid a whole lot more for, and already paid sales tax on it, so I’m selling at a loss. And not as a business. Barter system.
And you start letting them track everything and you will pay taxes on it again and again and again!

Janet