Gun Info - NEF Model 77 .32 H&R Magnum

/ Gun Info - NEF Model 77 .32 H&R Magnum #1  

JRobyn

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota L4330HST
I think there might be a few gun aficionados or collectors on here, right? I ran across an unusual 5-shot revolver the other day and can find very little info on it. Would be interested to know the manufacturer/date and some value info. Maybe it's in an old Gun Digest?

It is stamped NEF Model R77 (might be R22) .32 H&R Magnum. I see from Wikipedia that H&R or one of their many derivatives (H&R 1871) made a "NEF Model R22" that was available in 22LR, 22WMR, and .32 H&R Magnum, so that is probably what it is. The stamping is not very clear. Is there such a thing as a Model R77? I am assuming that "NEF" is New England Firearms, but all I can find on H&R/NEF is for long guns.

Any additional details are welcomed.

- Jay

/ Gun Info - NEF Model 77 .32 H&R Magnum #2  
Here's something I found:

In November of 2000, the Marlin Firearms Company purchased the assets of H&R 1871, Inc. Marketing its products under the brand names of Harrington & Richardson® and New England Firearms®, H&R 1871, LLC is currently the largest manufacturer of single shot shotguns and rifles in the world.

The company discontinued the use of the name New England Firearms for their guns, but retained the NEF designation for their parts. I found a model 73 H&R .32 Mag, but not a model 77.

/ Gun Info - NEF Model 77 .32 H&R Magnum #3  
My H&R is stamped model 622, 22 CAL

Serial number is on the but end.