Guess I'm calling the dealer

/ Guess I'm calling the dealer #1  

eubie5

Gold Member
Tractor
kubota bx2380
Brand new bx2380. Has about 15 hours on it. Just removed the fel about a week ago, for the 1st time. Just spent about 1.5 hours trying to get it back on. I'm doing it inside my garage, which is about as level as i can get. The left side will hook up, but the right isn't anywhere close.
The more i look at it, looks like the right support arm, that stays attached to the tractor, is bent out to the right. Will post a pic of both sides, you all tell me if I'm seeing things.
I will say, the day i signed the papers, i had the salesman take it off for me. He laughed, said he didn't know how and got a service tech to do it. Inside their service bay area, it took 3 guys about 20 minutes to get it off and on. They said it was new, it would get easier, their floor wasn't level...
Now I'm thinking i should have refused this tractor till i could be shown the easy on/off operation of the fel. That a huge selling point of the bx 80 series and one of the reasons i bought it. I guess i was blinded by new tractor fever.

The 1st pic is the left support arm, which is lined up perfectly and everything comes together and sits as it should. The 2nd pic, the right side, it never seats as it should. These pics are taken as i pull into the loader arms, before i start the process.
Not sure what I'm doing wrong.
Any ideas? 20190529_205000.jpeg20190529_205052.jpeg

/ Guess I'm calling the dealer #2  
It will go on.

However practice is key.

In this scenario as you are getting it on, you need to start lifting the FEL to put some weight on the pin. Hard to explain without being there to actually show you.

When I was doing farm work, I remember having a John Deere that someone tweaked the heck out of the FEL, and only way to get it back on was park another tractor and use it as a weight to get it to pop into place. Sometimes I had to use a sledge to get tappity tap tap it back into place. Fun times........

Yours, however, is nowhere near tweaked.

/ Guess I'm calling the dealer #3  
If it was mine I would back the tractor away from the loader and then hit the right support with a few good sledge hammer blows right at the pin, nobody would ever know.

/ Guess I'm calling the dealer #4  
As a caution, check rear tire pressures as a small difference will tilt your tractor.

Dave M7040

/ Guess I'm calling the dealer #5  
I'm not convinced its tweaked. My BIL can't get his FEL on or off without help on a flat concrete floor. Its a 5 min job.

Looks like you need to work the hydraulics and roll the bucket a little towards the dump position to lower the loader onto the post.

You could always go by the dealer and remind him how much trouble they had getting it on and off and could they please show you again.

/ Guess I'm calling the dealer #6  
I really doubt the loader is bent. I don’t suspect the service guys strong point is is putting on loaders. It probably took me an hour to do the first time. Now I can do it a minute or 2 without getting off the tractor except for folding up the stands.

/ Guess I'm calling the dealer
I'll try it some more, just don't want to get in a situation like that other poster on her with a bx2380 who ended up with his fel laying sideways across his tractor.
Any of you who have answered, do you have the same tractor?
Just curious.

/ Guess I'm calling the dealer #8  
I would call the dealer and have them show you again. Then no chance of getting into irreversible trouble. You're new at this and things can go south pretty fast. The dealer already had trouble so mention it and then if there's a problem it's their problem.