GTH2448 from Sears still going strong

/ GTH2448 from Sears still going strong #1  

cdaigle430

Veteran Member
Tractor
MF GC2410
400 Hours almost :)only one carb adjustment needed and nothing else. Still cuts great....

Ttile is wrong-she is a YTH-always get confsed there.

/ GTH2448 from Sears still going strong
Getting her ready for the winter, so easy-clean with air nozzle, clean air filter, engine compartment, check fuel grease deck, clean cover, add fuel additive and sea foam in tank. place in storage with a trickle charger and I'm good to go for year 11. 400 plus hours, all original except blades and battery. Even using same belts :) Oh yeahhhhhhhhh this thing is a POS.

/ GTH2448 from Sears still going strong #3  
Good reminder on the winter maintenance for your YTH2448. I also do a winter routine for both my GTH26V52LS and my Rider 155.

Poor ole' Rider 155 is heading into its 13th year. Hard life for that horse. Over 2500 hours mowing 3 acres twice a week for 10 years not to mention serving as my 'tractor' during a major hurricane cleanup back in '06. Major repairs are:
Replaced starter solenoid, battery twice, one scalper wheel, and the brake cable, and many sets of blades.

I'm pleasantly surprised that the TorqTuf K46 transmission hasn't given up the ghost like so many on here have had happen.

The GTH has had an easy life other than mowing some open fields and one steep dam bank. It's only 3 years old now and just passed 100 hours. Major repairs are only 1 pair of belts and a new battery. I did change out the rear tires for some All Terrain tires - those Turf tires that come on it just doesn't cut the mustard for climbing steep, muddy and slick dam banks. But - the original tires were like new when I pulled them off.

I feel lucky with having so few problems with mine as you have experienced. I'm not so sure that Husqvarna is building the quality of mowers these days as they used to build. The old Rider 155 has been a good machine. If it dies tomorrow, I'll still feel like it was a bargain. Now... the GTH? We'll just have to wait and see how well it holds up.

Winter maintenance on both for me is:
Grease all zerks, scalper wheels, steering column, oil change and oil filter/air filter/gas filter change. (That happens twice a year.) Good wash job.
I do give the batteries a good charge every so often, but I haven't been putting my Battery Tender on them like I should.

/ GTH2448 from Sears still going strong
Good reminder on the winter maintenance for your YTH2448. I also do a winter routine for both my GTH26V52LS and my Rider 155.

Poor ole' Rider 155 is heading into its 13th year. Hard life for that horse. Over 2500 hours mowing 3 acres twice a week for 10 years not to mention serving as my 'tractor' during a major hurricane cleanup back in '06. Major repairs are:
Replaced starter solenoid, battery twice, one scalper wheel, and the brake cable, and many sets of blades.

I'm pleasantly surprised that the TorqTuf K46 transmission hasn't given up the ghost like so many on here have had happen.

The GTH has had an easy life other than mowing some open fields and one steep dam bank. It's only 3 years old now and just passed 100 hours. Major repairs are only 1 pair of belts and a new battery. I did change out the rear tires for some All Terrain tires - those Turf tires that come on it just doesn't cut the mustard for climbing steep, muddy and slick dam banks. But - the original tires were like new when I pulled them off.

I feel lucky with having so few problems with mine as you have experienced. I'm not so sure that Husqvarna is building the quality of mowers these days as they used to build. The old Rider 155 has been a good machine. If it dies tomorrow, I'll still feel like it was a bargain. Now... the GTH? We'll just have to wait and see how well it holds up.

Winter maintenance on both for me is:
Grease all zerks, scalper wheels, steering column, oil change and oil filter/air filter/gas filter change. (That happens twice a year.) Good wash job.
I do give the batteries a good charge every so often, but I haven't been putting my Battery Tender on them like I should.

Yeah I keep scratching my head when I read some of these problems that come up. I only perform regular maintenance and my yard is very pumpy and very wet in some spots. I dont get alot of the issues like broken axles etc......I know people get pissed of when I tell them they may be doing something wrong but its just too conicdental that a few have bad luck and a few have no issues. My tractor does not mow a perfect lawn course by far.

/ GTH2448 from Sears still going strong #5  
Just a update here I have a GTH2448 and its got 775 hours on it currently and I own my own lawn service and I beat this thing like a rented mule. 20200907_122506.jpg20200907_122814.jpg