GT275 FC540V how to identify which carb?

/ GT275 FC540V how to identify which carb? #1  

dieselfuelonly

Gold Member
Tractor
Yanmar YM1401D
When I look up my serial on Deere parts catalog I get two different options for carbs. According to the site one is marked 32297, the other marked 32388. Can't find this number anywhere on the carb, only the Mikuni Corp logo just above the bowl.

Any ideas where to look? Trying to find a carb kit for this thing, it's been spitting fuel out of the hose on top. A few of the kits for either carb that I've seen run from $70-90, WTF! [h=3][/h]

/ GT275 FC540V how to identify which carb? #2  
Overflow? Bad needle valve on the float? I guess you still need to know model no. to replace. Or try running some seam foam through. 2cents.

/ GT275 FC540V how to identify which carb? #3  
I'd start with the cheap fix. Pull the float bowl off the engine. Try to see if the float is sticking in the down position and why. Check the needle and seat to see if there's anything to prevent the needle from seating. If you only have a sticking float the kit is a waste of money whether it's the right one or the wrong one.

/ GT275 FC540V how to identify which carb? #4  
They are tough to see. You pretty much need to pull the carb and scrub with a nylon brush. Some are in ink so you don't want a strong solvent. M73847 is the number for the float valve. You may find many of the other parts similar. AM122605 is the carb assy in any case as one subs to the next. You can search and see if the Kawasaki is cheaper. Aftermarket carbs are not necessarily suggested. If I have a carb in a JD box, I'll share the Kawasaki number if I have it.