GT$-Bomb Patrol Afghanistan

/ GT$-Bomb Patrol Afghanistan #1  

cdaigle430

Veteran Member
Tractor
MF GC2410
Hi,
Anyone watch this? This is my second year and I cant get enough of it still. This is real life stuff, nothing coreographed in this show. My hats of to the US military. Right now the Navy and Army are clearing road X which is controlled by the Taliban. The Taliban are very rescoucesfull especially when it comes to hide n seek and EOD's

In the episode I watched last night-one EOD took out 4 vehicles, another EOD took at two husky's (Husky is the ground penetrating radar truck)just to clear a 100 yards! Craters are as deep as 6 feet. One thing that infuriates me is the fact that the troops hands are tied. In one epsiode they were ambushed by the Taliban but stood there ground and no one was hurt or killed. When the fighting stopped, the Taliban fighters involved in the ambush simply walked accross the road and off into the sunset right near the convoy the attacked. Troops knew it was them, but, because no weapons were seen on them they could do nothing.

Another thing that infuriates me is they still have no way of counter acting "the triggerman". Thats a fighter who waits until the convoy passes (knowing the convoy has to come back the same way that night). They plant another EOD and wire it somewhere hidden, as the belly of the buffalo passes over-BOOOM!!!

Sorry-the title should say GT4 which is the channel this is on.

/ GT$-Bomb Patrol Afghanistan #2  
Point of clarification. It is an IED (Improvised Explosive Device) EOD is (Explosive Ordnance Disposal) an EOD (Bomb Technician) goes out to find IEDs.

Before I became a Paramedic I was a Combat Engineer in the militiary. They do EOD.

/ GT$-Bomb Patrol Afghanistan #3  
I agree that's nuts they can't do anything!!!!