Ground Works Welding & Fab "Debris Rake 2" review

/ Ground Works Welding & Fab "Debris Rake 2" review #1  

beppington

Elite Member
Tractor
Here
Received the "Debris Rake 2" I ordered from Ground Works Welding & Fabrication.

His advertised text: "This item is a clamp-on debris rake, but it works great for hay, manure, logs, brush, or anything that you may need to move that is wider than your tractor bucket. The tines are 16" long and made out of 1 x 1 solid steel, this unit is 4 ft. wide and weighs 80 lbs. It simply clamps on to your bucket and is supported by the bucket edge bar lock along with the under bucket spacer as with all of my fork products."

I paid exactly $350 & it was delivered in about a week. No packing materials or cardboard (no need), just the rake plus the clamp handles taped on to minimize size.

The rake easily & very securely clamped right onto my Kubota L3940 standard bucket's edge! I've never used clamp-on-bucket-edge anything, so I was leery about how secure clamp-on attachments would be; No need to worry, they're tight!

I felt like 16" tines would be too short, but they aren't! That's a great length to push into & lift a pretty large size pile of debris! My debris was tangled branch prunings, so that probably helped, but I suspect 16" is a great length for most things you might want to lift, especially for their lighter capacity.

I'm very pleased with them.

I did however pretty quickly bend the far right-hand tine: I put the bucket flat on the ground & pushed the rake under a log cover by vines. When I lifted the FEL, the vines held down the end of the log to my right, therefore nearly all of the weight of the log was on that one tine. That was enough to bend it down about 2". A little disappointing, but hey, such is life; These aren't indestructible beasts.

I would suggest that if you're gonna lift a log as big as the one in the bottom pic, you make sure at least several, if not all, of the tines are supporting it.

d19c_1.JPG

d743_1.JPG

/ Ground Works Welding & Fab "Debris Rake 2" review #2  
looks lightly built for that size tactor/loader

/ Ground Works Welding & Fab "Debris Rake 2" review #3  
Looks ideal for getting through the checkout at WalMart. I saw some enormous and slow moving ladies there yesterday.

Seriously, I would like to try one for moving limbs from felled trees, etc. around.

John

/ Ground Works Welding & Fab "Debris Rake 2" review #4  
That happened to mine and I was bummed about it for a couple of weeks. Then I figured out to use the weight of the tractor and a tree to bend it back. Perfect !