Tiller Grey Market Tiller Shaft

/ Grey Market Tiller Shaft #1  

bjr

Veteran Member
Tractor
Jinma JM354
I have 50" Hinomoto Tiller I need to adapt the input shaft. I cannot get a fine spline adapter 1.150 x 16 to 1-3/6 x 6 spline and also don't have a slip clutch.
Here's what I was thinking, tell me what you think. I have a small yoke (cann't get anythine to match up to) with proper female splines that I will weld a stub 1-3/8 smooth stub to with a 3/8 hole for a shear bolt, grade five or less. Will this work or maybe I should go with a 1-1/2 smooth shaft with 1/2 shear bolt? Cost for the slip clutch as the extra length needed is a concern, that's why I thought a shear bolt rather than a extra slip clutch. Thanks. bjr

/ Grey Market Tiller Shaft #2  
I have been selling and using grey tillers for several years. I have always used them as they come, no clutch. To date I have not had any problems. Try to post on one of the Grey sites. There are several dealers that watch. You might find a shaft.

/ Grey Market Tiller Shaft
A buddy stopped by and we were looking at the tiller and he seen a bolt on one side of the tine shaft, maybe 5/8 diameter or there 'bouts. He was wondering if that could have been some kind of shear bolt. Is this possible, a shear bolt down on the tine shaft? bjr