Grey market registration

/ Grey market registration #1  

iseki

Silver Member
Tractor
Iseki TA 357 / Fiat 455 C / TYM T451
Good morning, somebody from you has been able to obtain registration documents for your gray market tractors?

/ Grey market registration #2  
In Slovakia, there is a special type of license plate that can be requested for home-made or otherwise "un-homogulated" vehicles. It allows them to be driven on all 3rd class roads, and also specified 2nd and 1st class roads-- e.g. if the owner needs to go a short distance on the main highway to get to his field, then he requests that this license plate would cover that section of the road.

I haven't gone for that, because you then need to get insurance on the tractor, and no-one in my village who just goes on the third class road our village is on to the forest has a problem with police bothering them for not having the license plates.

/ Grey market registration
Here in portugal we can not do this, the only way is to find an equal or similar tractor in the junk that has documents, buy them and take them to the other (illegal) but there are those who do, the problem is that there are not many similar tractors with my Iseki TA 357. The police have been upset about the license plate , Probably I have to sell my .

/ Grey market registration #4  
Have you tried to get any info from the IMT? Do you have like a receipt when you bought the tractor? The VIN number should be in the receipt. I think it can act like a proof so they don't think it's a stolen tractor.

I've seen loads of grey market tractors with license plate, like Kubota, Iseki, Shibaura and so on. Not sure how they do it. I had a Kubota B7000 but never tried to get the license plate. I didn't run it enough on the public roads to bother try to get the license plate.

/ Grey market registration
Yes, I have the invoice of the purchase, but without the document with the characteristics of the tractor nothing done.

/ Grey market registration #6  
Yeah we can't really do much over here. There is always problems. Even if someone add a LED light bar to a car or truck that would actually increase safety, it's almost seen as committing a crime. lol

The tractor probably needs to meet all the EU certifications and so on. It might need to get inspected so they can homologate it in the country and then they might approve the registration.

/ Grey market registration #7  
This is an interesting thread. I had no idea it was an issue in other places. Where I live tractors are not titled or licensed. The are tracked by a Vehicle Identification Number if needed. We are simply required to have a slow moving vehicle sign, (orange triangle) on the back if were are on the road. And all this time I thought we were over regulated.

/ Grey market registration #8  
This is an interesting thread. I had no idea it was an issue in other places. Where I live tractors are not titled or licensed. The are tracked by a Vehicle Identification Number if needed. We are simply required to have a slow moving vehicle sign, (orange triangle) on the back if were are on the road. And all this time I thought we were over regulated.

Its the same all over the states, in fact tractors have the right of way on most roads !

/ Grey market registration #9  
Last year I was looking up the laws in my home state of Georgia. Also there, no license plate needed for ag vehicles, nor drivers license! While in Smyrna, a suburb of Atlanta, over the winter, I actually saw a pickup truck with the logo of a farm and instead of license plate a notice written in the holder that it is a farm vehicle. I've been meaning to write an article in Slovak about this and some other areas where its more free in parts of the US. Over-regulation just increases costs of farmers here, and the whole economy, and the sooner people here realize this is a large part of why they don't have a higher standard of living, the better.

/ Grey market registration #10  
Your earlier sentence construction, and then the home state comment caught my interest - is there a story there?