Greenworks Crossover riding mowers 60, 80 or 82 volt

/ Greenworks Crossover riding mowers 60, 80 or 82 volt #11  
I'm looking for a battery zero steer as well. Why are some responses about chain saws?
Apparently not a lot of people reading this are running them at the moment. In my case, a 42" mower doesn't fit my needs, and a 60" mower doesn't fit my budget.
In their smaller mowers, Greenworks does a unique system using a large pack of removable batteries. So, one can use the same batteries in one's chainsaw and mower, as well as a few other tools. The quality of other tools should apply to the larger tools too.

Since Greenworks sells dual battery chargers corresponding to the number of batteries packaged with the machine, that answers the question on whether the batteries get removed to charge.

It appears as if the larger commercial mowers (32", 36", 48", 52", & 60") have a built in fixed battery pack.

And, one should be able to compare that to one of the 42" mowers. So, if one has 8, 80v, 8Ah batteries, then one gets about 5kWh. On the other hand, the commercial mowers with the fixed packs have 8kWh, 18kWh, and 24kWh packs. Thus designed to mow longer.

/ Greenworks Crossover riding mowers 60, 80 or 82 volt #12  
Well… I bought a GreenWorks Pro package 4 years ago. Home use, light use. This week one of the 80v batteries decided after it runs for about 20 seconds, it will cut out. Wait 30 seconds, it will run for another 20 seconds, and cut out. Fully charged. When it cuts out, none of the battery level indicators can be seen. So, basically, it’s useless after 4 years. Three weeks after the warranty ended. Want to know what that battery costs? $150-$200. Yep. It won’t run my string trimmer, blower, or chaninsaw. Something internal is wrong and it’s garbage. Imagine having 4-6 of these things go bad in 4-5 years? $600-$1200 in batteries just out of warranty? You pay a price for “no fuel and no maintenance“

/ Greenworks Crossover riding mowers 60, 80 or 82 volt #13  
Well… I bought a GreenWorks Pro package 4 years ago. Home use, light use. This week one of the 80v batteries decided after it runs for about 20 seconds, it will cut out. Wait 30 seconds, it will run for another 20 seconds, and cut out. Fully charged. When it cuts out, none of the battery level indicators can be seen. So, basically, it’s useless after 4 years. Three weeks after the warranty ended. Want to know what that battery costs? $150-$200. Yep. It won’t run my string trimmer, blower, or chaninsaw. Something internal is wrong and it’s garbage. Imagine having 4-6 of these things go bad in 4-5 years? $600-$1200 in batteries just out of warranty? You pay a price for “no fuel and no maintenance“
I think that's the one the got poor reviews.

/ Greenworks Crossover riding mowers 60, 80 or 82 volt #16  
It was the GreenWorks riding mower I was looking at.

Oh, I'm really commenting on the batteries themselves. Longevity, warranty and replacement.

/ Greenworks Crossover riding mowers 60, 80 or 82 volt #17  

Does each battery have it's own charge level gauge ?

It maybe that it is discharged beyond the level that the charger thinks that it is a good battery. You could try disassembling the battery and see what the actual charge/voltage level is.

Use caution !

/ Greenworks Crossover riding mowers 60, 80 or 82 volt #18  

It maybe that it is discharged beyond the level that the charger thinks that it is a good battery. You could try disassembling the battery and see what the actual charge/voltage level is.

Use caution !
Yes, each battery pack (but not every cell) has a gauge. The 82V battery gauge is typically digital, at least the new ones. The other ones have a basic several dot gauge like many other brands use.

Some of the batteries are bluetooth capable. However, I have found the Greenworks bluetooth application to be most disappointing.

/ Greenworks Crossover riding mowers 60, 80 or 82 volt #19  

Use caution !

Yes, each battery had it's own gauge. Regardless of what's wrong, it's useless and $200 to replace. Much more difficult to troubleshoot and repair than gas. It's really a disposable tool

/ Greenworks Crossover riding mowers 60, 80 or 82 volt #20  
Greenworks has come out with a new 54" electric mower.

Retailing at $6,999.99 but listed on "sale" at $6,499.99

ATFWMHero-1.jpg

ATFWM-2_1a759f16-8de8-4895-8470-515543c9ef16.jpg

It still has removable batteries, but comes with:
2 - 20 Ah (60V) batteries
2 - 8 Ah (60V) batteries
2 - 4 Ah (60V) batteries

Total, about 64 Ah x 60V = 3.8 kWh

Not quite as big as their 60" 24 kWh commercial mowers, but a heck of a lot cheaper.

It has a 1.5 kW wall charger, which I presume means it has a charging port (which wasn't mentioned with previous models). However, it doesn't seem to be J1772 compatible. :(

I don't see a price listed on the suitcase batteries. The 60V 8Ah batteries are about $350 each. Nor do I see whether the suitcase batteries can be recharged off of the mower.