Great customer service from Dewalt

/ Great customer service from Dewalt #11  
I picked up a Bosch impact driver not long ago ..

The darn thing has BLUE TOOTH and a fella can install an application on a phone that can be used to "set and monitor status".

I wonder how the IT support is going to be......;-)

/ Great customer service from Dewalt #12  
Here is a strange one:

- we are in Florida for the winter.

- we live 4 miles from a Best Buy. They had a tv we wanted in stock. Online buying said “pick up in 1 hour or free delivery the next day”.

- I was unsure if the tv would fit in the car. So, what the heck, I chose free delivery the next day. I can wait one day.

- the next day comes and I get an email message from Best Buy - “delivery has been delayed. We will contact you when product is shipped”.

- next day I get another message - “Good news, your product has been shipped”. Finally. I’ll get it 2 days late.

- nope. Looking at the email I see the tv has been shipped via FedEx —- from California!!!
Huh? They are shipping a tv that is in stock at a store 4 miles from me from California? To Florida?

- sure enough. Arrived 3 days later.

- now, this isn’t an expensive tv. Under $300 with a Black Friday sale.

- seems strange to me.

- I was unable to contact any human from Best Buy who cared.

- at least the tv arrived safe and sound and works.

/ Great customer service from Dewalt #13  
Had a shipping delay fiasco with Northern and I spent about 4k with them that November.

I ordered their premium heavy duty solar battery charger as a gift for my cousin who was coming out for Christmas... in stock but next day after ordered emailed out of stock/backordered.

Call and learned 2 weeks... so ok and then another delay so I called and said if not here for Christmas cancel and again assured...

December 20th I call to cancel and told it just shipped and I said in time for Christmas??? it arrived on the 29th...

Cousin lives several states away and now I'm stuck shipping so I decided it was not worth it...

The Northern gift card I was going to use arrived middle of January instead of middle of December...

Have not bought anything since and I was a good customer going back to when the name was Northern Hydraulics... buying generators and such for neighbors and friends... (PGE was turning off power and everyone wanted a generator)

Last edited:
   / Great customer service from Dewalt
I had a little extra time late last night and I took the extra 2AH battery I have apart, and the latch is the same as the 5AH battery. I pulled the 5AH battery apart and swapped the good latch into the 5AH battery which I use most of the time and used some JB Weld to glue the broken one together. Let it set overnight and this morning I trimmed off the excess JB Weld and it seems to be plenty strong enough. Put it back in the 2AH battery and it works okay on the impact, so I'll have and extra when the replacement gets here.

/ Great customer service from Dewalt #15  
JB Weld is another great product. They make one for just about application and they all work well. I was watching an old Gunsmoke a few days ago and and one of the characters said’

“I’ve spent half my life fixin things and the other half mending my fixes”

That’s definitely me.

/ Great customer service from Dewalt #16  
what's the phone number you called ? my dewalt 899 impact broke ( its less than a year old ) 2 weeks ago I have emailed dewalt. and have at least 20 emails back and forth. they send me to a website telling me I have to pay to have it fixed ( it looks like new and have only used it 4 times) so I go to the link . it won't let me log in . I can't get anywhere with them . I emailed them again asking for a phone number and no response. Help !!!!!

/ Great customer service from Dewalt
what's the phone number you called ? my dewalt 899 impact broke ( its less than a year old ) 2 weeks ago I have emailed dewalt. and have at least 20 emails back and forth. they send me to a website telling me I have to pay to have it fixed ( it looks like new and have only used it 4 times) so I go to the link . it won't let me log in . I can't get anywhere with them . I emailed them again asking for a phone number and no response. Help !!!!!
It's on most of their tools.
800-433-9258

/ Great customer service from Dewalt #18  
I wish I could say similar for Milwaukee…

Had a battery under warranty that wouldn’t charge…

I had to ship it back at my expense and claim denied saying it had been abused exposed to water???

The battery never submerged or left out but I use it in Olympia WA and if I waited for blue sky days nothing would get done…

So I asked for my battery back and was refused even offering to pay return shipping saying batteries submitted for warranty claims not returnable…
Old Milwaukee used to be a premium tool maker . . . sign of the times I guess.