Greasing the backhoe

/ Greasing the backhoe #1  

BlueLS

Tractor
2013 LS G3033H
I’ve got a LB1100 hoe. It’s almost impossible to get grease into the boom swing cylinder pivots. New zerks are in place. I’ve even tried removing the pins to investigate but they won’t budge. I’m able to move the rod end ever so slightly on the pin. I’ve tried putting the hoe in about every conceivable position trying to find that sweet spot. Any suggestions?

Attachments

• IMG_4830.jpeg
    IMG_4830.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 64
   / Greasing the backhoe #2  
Looks to me like you are using CHEAP clay based grease, grease which will solidify in the fittings and clog up grease passages over time.

You need to up your game with a better grade of polyurea based grease and probably renew the clogged grease fittings as well.

Just rebuilt an 'H' weldment for a customer with a Case commercial backhoe and he was using cheap grease and you'd be amazed how clogged the grease passages were and I replaced all the clogged grease fittings as well and told him the same thing I'm telling you.

Only thing that black grease is good for is getting your hands dirty.

/ Greasing the backhoe #4  
I had a similar problem on my backhoe. It seemed like grease wasnt going in, and grease wasn't coming out of the joint. Mine was on the main boom pin. I ended up removing the pin, cleaning everything, and realizing that the tolerances are so tight, that grease was getting in there, but barely. However, from your photo, looks like grease is coming out. But if grease wont go in (and not come out) and you have replaced the zerk, pull the pin. See how the grease is moving with the pin out.

Here is a video of my troubles:

/ Greasing the backhoe #6  
Never used the grease buster tool and don't need one. I simply use good grease, not cheap grease.

/ Greasing the backhoe #8  
I've used it twice now. Once in the video, and another time on a zerk on the FEL. The one of the FEL, the tool worked really well. But the one in the video, not so well. I agree about using quality grease. And the grease I use is good quality moly. But things happen, dirt especially.

/ Greasing the backhoe #9  
Spend $$$ and get a 10k psi cordless grease gun with as previously mentioned good grease with "moly" for sliding pivoting parts ime.

/ Greasing the backhoe #10  
I had a similar problem on my backhoe. It seemed like grease wasnt going in, and grease wasn't coming out of the joint. Mine was on the main boom pin. I ended up removing the pin, cleaning everything, and realizing that the tolerances are so tight, that grease was getting in there, but barely. However, from your photo, looks like grease is coming out. But if grease wont go in (and not come out) and you have replaced the zerk, pull the pin. See how the grease is moving with the pin out.

Here is a video of my troubles:

I loved watching the grease just pump out on the opposite side from you! :D

BTDT!