Grease removal

/ Grease removal #1  

duanet

Silver Member
Tractor
JD4100 HST
What do you find that works best for removing lithium molybdenum grease picked up on your tractor from your brown Carhartts? Or any other clothing? Or any other grease? /w3tcompact/icons/blush.gif I was telling my wife about all the great things I'm finding on TBN and she suggested I run this by all you pros. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif
Duane

/ Grease removal #2  
Well for the tractor..a rag w/a little diesel fuel,far as the clothes my better half kinda makes me wear old clothes and leave them in the basement...what ever you do don't use BLEACH..try that to remove greasy stains. /w3tcompact/icons/crazy.gif

/ Grease removal #3  
The best stuff I ever used was the Goop white hand cleaner that comes in a tub. Wipe off as much grease with a paper towel that you can, then rub in the hand cleaner, let stand a little bit, then wash clothes in warm water while the hand cleaner is still moist. Hope this helps.

/ Grease removal #4  
Duane
Checked with the best half. She uses "Shout" applied at least an hour before washing the cloths. It works best if applied as soon as possible after you get the grease on your cloths.

I do a lot of tractor cleaning with "Simple Green". Spay it on, let it set a few minutes then rinse off with hose or power washer.

All I have to do is head toward the barn and I have grease on me. /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

/ Grease removal #5  
Permatex brake and parts cleaner works well removing grease stains from clothing and not discoloring them (spray can).

/ Grease removal #6  
We use simple green and oxyclean to get out grease. It works real well.

/ Grease removal #7  
Duanet, My wife uses something from the mart called Spot Shot. Seems to work pretty well for brown carhartt and truck seats for coffee and grease. But I'll have to admit that I did get a pair of carhartt insulated bibs recently in the color black.

Patrick

/ Grease removal #8  
WD-40.....for nearly anything on almost everything ! dass

/ Grease removal #9  
New Carhartts.

/ Grease removal #10  
I agree with the WD-40. Hit it right away, and wipe off the excess. Also works great to hit oil spots on concrete, then wash it down with water (a little soap and scrubbing before hosing is better). That takes care of the problem of vehicles that drip oil on your concrete, which will last forever as a stain if not taken care of early.