Grease Gun Recommendations

/ Grease Gun Recommendations #161  
I don't know what's best, but I like the LocknLube pneumatic I've got. Fits all my fittings but have to see if angled tip available and workable for clutch pedal zerk-can't get right angle on that guy.

/ Grease Gun Recommendations #162  
I made an adaptor for my grease guns with a 90 degree grease gun end on one end and a zerk on the other. So I can just plug it into the Lock N Lube (or a regular gun) and have a 90 degree gun.

/ Grease Gun Recommendations #163  
I made an adaptor for my grease guns with a 90 degree grease gun end on one end and a zerk on the other. So I can just plug it into the Lock N Lube (or a regular gun) and have a 90 degree gun.
Would love to see a picture !

/ Grease Gun Recommendations #164  
   / Grease Gun Recommendations #165  
All you rich people you can have your battery
powered grease guns. Sometimes I'm no ware
near my shop when I do my greasing and can't
see running back to get another battery to finish
greasing!
I use a pump grease gun with a flex tube and its
a pump type and its blue have no idea who made
it but is works great and I have been using it since
1971. I can be laying on the ground greasing and
I have no problem using the pump handle. Its so
handy and easy to use even if I have to hold the
tip on by hand! The cost of an electric grease gun
will purchase me a lot of oil and grease

willy

/ Grease Gun Recommendations #166  
I have a couple of the lever type pump grease guns, a hand squeeze pump one, a Lincoln pneumatic, and a Milwaukee cordless M18.
The cordless gets used the most it also has the long lock and Lube coupler on it.
It was an expensive grease gun but most of my cordless tools are the M18 series so a few chargers and several batteries.

/ Grease Gun Recommendations #167  
Air greaser in the shop (Lincoln) on a 150 pound drum of grease but for the field, always a manual lever gun for me. I use the clear polycarbonate barrel on a Plews lever gun with a filler nipple on the top so I can fill it with my shop grease gun. Much prefer a manual gun, especially on double cardan (constant velocity) driveline joints where over greasing can destroy them. Standard Alemite coupler too, the one where you can adjust the jaw tension.

Never considered a cordless grease gun and I grease a helluva lot of zerks too. Like the other poster stated, you can buy a ton of grease for the cost of one. Not in the cards for me.

/ Grease Gun Recommendations #168  
Air greaser in the shop (Lincoln) on a 150 pound drum of grease but for the field, always a manual lever gun for me. I use the clear polycarbonate barrel on a Plews lever gun with a filler nipple on the top so I can fill it with my shop grease gun. Much prefer a manual gun, especially on double cardan (constant velocity) driveline joints where over greasing can destroy them. Standard Alemite coupler too, the one where you can adjust the jaw tension.

Never considered a cordless grease gun and I grease a helluva lot of zerks too. Like the other poster stated, you can buy a ton of grease for the cost of one. Not in the cards for me.
One thing you can say about that M18 Milwaukee battery grease gun, it cranks out the pressure. 10000 psi or more, effortless. I know some lever guns claim the same, but it is far from effortless. Sometimes that can be the difference between a stubborn zerk accepting grease or not.

/ Grease Gun Recommendations #169  
Never had a problem pumping slow with my Dewalt battery unit. It goes slow ar a partial trigger & you can easily count the ca-chugs every time it cycles the plunger.

I believe the Milwaukee has a thumb wheel on it with a number. It only does the number of pumps specified on the wheel then stops. Selectable burst mode in gun parlance I guess.

/ Grease Gun Recommendations #170  
All you rich people you can have your battery
powered grease guns. Sometimes I'm no ware
near my shop when I do my greasing and can't
see running back to get another battery to finish
greasing!
I use a pump grease gun with a flex tube and its
a pump type and its blue have no idea who made
it but is works great and I have been using it since
1971. I can be laying on the ground greasing and
I have no problem using the pump handle. Its so
handy and easy to use even if I have to hold the
tip on by hand! The cost of an electric grease gun
will purchase me a lot of oil and grease

willy
Why would you grease in the field? Why not before leaving the shop or after returning?