Gravely and gardening

/ Gravely and gardening #1  

oldmech

Gold Member
Tractor
Two Gravely Two L One with 10 h.p Dek-Diesel engine one Grillo 107d and one BCS 735 diesel
I look for minimal work of soil. Here is medium and heavy loams First work AT FALL Best implement many thousand years old TURN PLOW I look for. Now I use Gravely rotary plow. I remove two blades and weld a small steel plate at bottom. I use slow speed and 1500 eng.rpm . At SPRING I think it is not good to till too deep. May be destroy ground structural. The top soil is the best Air humus and micro-organism I think we dont mix with poor under ground.
Experimental I want use the rotary plow with HORIZONTAL BAR-KNIFES For work 2-3 in. deep of soil . The knifes turns horizontal ( 12 in. dia) in loam at minimum speed for a good seed bed. I try it run well. I plan use mulch and or geo-textile for keep humidity. I would like your advice. I have two large gardens . Good luck and Happy Gardening. Oldmech

Attachments

• plow5.jpg
    plow5.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 458
  • plow6.jpg
    plow6.jpg
    188.7 KB · Views: 386
  • Plow7.JPG
    Plow7.JPG
    156 KB · Views: 388
   / Gravely and gardening #2  
Looks like single rotor power harrow

/ Gravely and gardening
I think. It is a horizontal tiller or horizontal bar-knifes. This implement gives less disturbing in soil for minimum work. Less parts inexpensive just two knifes to replace about $10. BOLO tines for my HORSE Troy-Bilt cost over $200
Need a LOT LESS ENERGY I was very surprise turn very easy in ground. Just two knifes or tines to turn.
With Gravely rotary plow speed of knifes are a little bit too fast (At my taste). I plan (next year) make a two rotors with sprockets and gear box Just change a sprocket for change speed. I like Gravely and gardening Thank! Olmech