Gravely 40" deck question

/ Gravely 40" deck question #1  

js5020

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kioti CX2510, Kubota BX23S, AC5020, JDx300R
Guy's got a 40" deck, shell is shot, but the spindles, pulleys are good. I can make a new shell, question is how is the old 40 for cut quality on lawn? How does it compare to the 30"?

/ Gravely 40" deck question #2  
2 blades right? Better than the 30 in my experience. I need to put a new belt on my 40 deck though.

/ Gravely 40" deck question #3  
Is the deck a commercial one?, or one like I show a pic of in another post? I used to mow my yard with a 30" with the cross blade setup. When I switched to the 40" it almost cut my time in half.

Solo

Attachments

• 100_1212 (Small).JPG
    100_1212 (Small).JPG
    105.9 KB · Views: 2,159
   / Gravely 40" deck question
It's the older commercial one, not the one in the pic. That 30 makes a nice cut, and I'm using the single brush blade. That's my problem with the 30, it just takes to long to cut the lawn. I have never had the 40 on the machine, the previous owner had the 40 deck outside uncovered for who knows how long and the deck shell is beyond hope, belts are done, needs idler pulleys. I can make a new shell, buy belts, pulleys and so on but if the cut isn't up to the 30 I would rather not spend the time or money on it.

/ Gravely 40" deck question #5  
You will be more than happy with the 40" mower.

Solo

Well I think I have another winter project, thanks. Nice machine in the pics, yours?

/ Gravely 40" deck question #7  
I bought it new in 1999. It's a Pro 8. I wouldn't trade it for the world.

Solo

How's the steering with those duals compared to singles?

/ Gravely 40" deck question #9  
I can really feel no difference between the singles and the duals.
Solo