Grapple recommendations for an 1825e

/ Grapple recommendations for an 1825e #1  

EricW

Tractor
Massey Ferguson GC 2300, 1954 Case SC, 1952 Farmall Cub, 1946 John Deere A, Massey Ferguson 130
Hi all,

I put a order in today for an 1825e! I need to get a grapple to help me clean up brush, tree limbs, and rocks. I live in NW Arkansas and the soil is very rocky here so a grapple that can pickup some of the rocks will be very helpful. I'm leaning towards the EA Wicked Root Grapple for compact tractors. Or the Wicked Rook rake grapple, it seems that a lot of folks like the root rake style with the shorter teeth rather than the longer teeth style. Are there any of you running a grapple, what do you recommend?

Thanks,

Eric

/ Grapple recommendations for an 1825e #2  
I think you are on a good track with the EA Wicked Root Grapple. They look good on paper and in photos I've seen. I use a Mid-State or Wildkat brand depending on where you look. So many are made around the same town there in the Carolinas and look to be copies of one another. Depends a lot on exactly what you intend to do with it. If you intend to rake for smaller rocks then the one I got has the teeth too far apart. I have found that a narrower grapple (like 5 or 6 feet at most) is much more maneuverable and less of a nuisance in day to day life than wider ones. I say do not get one wider than your front tires outer edges. Mine is so darn handy I almost never take it off and have not put the 4-in-1 pinch bucket back on in 3 or 4 years now because of it. Most of my use is cleaning up an old farm and moving downed tree limbs, tree trunks, and general debris including at times large rocks. Not for raking smaller rocks. A couple of pictures for what ever it is worth:
20220930_122719.jpg

20190502_112413.jpg

20210517_164732.jpg

/ Grapple recommendations for an 1825e
Thank you JWR!

• Good Post
Reactions: JWR