Grapple Grapple rake

/ Grapple rake #1  

Charlie_Iliff

Veteran Member
Tractor
Power Trac PT1845, John Deere 2240, John Deere 950, John Deere 755, Jacobsen Turf Cat II
Does anyone have experience with the grapple rakes currently on E-Bay?
E-Bay Listing

Price looks lower than Anbo or W.R. Long, but is quality there?

/ Grapple rake #2  
It looks well built and not overkill for a CUT. Sometimes the grapples are so thick and indestructable they weigh too much for the loader. You ability to lift material is mimimized due to the heft of the implement itself.

That's a great price for a grapple. You need to consider what you'll be using it for....brush and debris or whole 16"x 8' hardwood logs.

/ Grapple rake #3  
Seller has a +99% positive rating on over 400 transactions and feedback comments are positive, so appears to be a reputable dealer.
penokee /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Grapple rake
Thanks. It's tempting. It's about a hundred pounds lighter and $500 cheaper than the W.R. Long that I've been thinking about. As you say, the Long unit is a lot stouter, but I may not be able to apply enough force to bend this one.

/ Grapple rake
<font color="red">+99% positive rating </font>
Saw that. Certainly helps the process.

/ Grapple rake #6  
I got one last year on ebay from a dealer in FL but it was shipped from the manufacturer. The price was a little less that the one currently listed on ebay. The grapple is for SKIDSTEER attachment so I built some adapters for my JD 430. Also the pivot joints for the grapple are bolts not bearings of bushings of any kind. Heavy and constant work will ware the bolts and holes in the attachment.

I found the grapple a little heavy for my JD 4300 but still gave the loader the capacity to get the limbs, branches, etc. that I wanted. It really makes a ballast a must.

The hydraulic system worked will since I had a 4 in 1 bucket and bunch of extra hydraulics added. The two grabbers do NOT come down at the same rate so you may twist something as you grab it. The root grapple part is pretty difficult to preform since the long loader lets the teeth drop up and down in the ground as you try to dig out roots, especially on anything but flat ground.

In addition to the attachment check the Grapple Pictures link. While there check the other albums on the left for the various hydraulics, etc.

I have no problem with the grapple but don't expect it to pick up really heavy stuff it the tractor and loader won't handle it . It is lighter than most but still heavy. Construction is of adequately strong material and operation is fine.

Hope this helps.

Jim

Attachments

• 579235-Grap4.jpg
    579235-Grap4.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 190
   / Grapple rake #7  
hi,
I bought a piranah grapple off ebay 2 years ago for my skid steer, it is very hd and has greasable pivit points. It is very handy working with logs, brush large rocks, roots ect. the unit is to heavy for the loader on my tractor though. Well made no problems i believe the company still sells on ebay. glenn

/ Grapple rake
Liledoun
Thanks a lot. That's what I needed to know. I'm not looking for commercial grade, so the wear points aren't a problem. The pictures really helped.

/ Grapple rake
Thanks. I'll take a look , but it sounds as if it's likely to be too heavy for my machine. There are a lot of good ones like that, but I'll take a look at the Piranha.

/ Grapple rake #10  
Charlie, If you end up with Versa-Tech or like Jim (liledoun) showed you may not need to tilt the PT plate. My comments applied to the AnBo type and Long, but this style already lets you get under a load as it is. Some tilt still should not hurt anything though.