Loader Grapple for M7060

/ Grapple for M7060 #1  

Raul5452

Bronze Member
Tractor
John Deere 970, Kubota M7060
I'm ready to get a grapple for my M7060. Any recommendations ? I want to use it to pick up brush and use it to remove undergrowth alot of scrub oak. In south texas. I also want to get a hydraulic dump trailer maybe 14' or 16'.
To haul brush , dirt gravel etc... If anyone out there can recommend a good one. Thanks for any help..

/ Grapple for M7060 #2  
Five years ago I added a Land Pride SGC1560 grapple to my M6040. It's a heavy grapple( 820# ) - made out of thick steel. It's what is called a root & rock grapple. It's probably not the style you are looking for. You need a brush grapple - it has longer tines for working with brush.

What I want to get across - my LP grapple has been flawless. Land Pride would be a good brand to check out.

I went with a WR Long third function valve and I had expanded metal added to the OEM grill guard.

The local Kubota dealer made me a good deal on the grapple/third function valve - I had them make the installation.

View attachment 672238View attachment 672239

/ Grapple for M7060 #3  
You could find that a cheeper, light duty grapple might not work out so well on your tractor. The M7060 is a fairly big and heavy tractor. A light duty grapple could get damaged fairly easily.

I bought my heavy duty grapple because I'm mainly dealing with large rocks and huge chunks of pine logs. I want the grapple to last as long as the tractor.

/ Grapple for M7060 #4  
The grapple looks good and you are right to go heavy for the tractor size. The expanded metal on the grill guard is also a great idea. I have taken damage from pushing piles of tree brush around including buckled hood and damage to head lights.

/ Grapple for M7060 #5  
Grill guard first
IMG_1260.JPG

Have a heavy skidsteer grapple on M59. Impressed with EA wicked grapple on B26.

Last edited:
   / Grapple for M7060 #6  
Grapple is your friend. Will make a lazy man out of you. :)

Regarding grill guard, you need side guards as well as front.

/ Grapple for M7060 #7  
I put wicked 66" from everything attachments many styles to choose from I like short bottom tines, very strong, good for tearing roots loose around trees then push them over, or tear around a stump and pull out.

Careful the FEL valves are not well shielded, ripped the lead off the third function solenoid valve $2100 fix, with Ktac $250.

/ Grapple for M7060 #8  
I have one that came with my used M7040 and really like it! It doesn't get used much except during hurricane season, but when I take down a tree, it earns its keep quickly! Nothing light about it, which is good because I haven't had any issues with bending or breaking anything on it! I don't know if this brand is still available or not.
David from jax