Grapple Bucket or 4way Bucket?

/ Grapple Bucket or 4way Bucket? #11  
If I were to have only two attachments to my FEL, it would be an L bottom grapple and a standard bucket. 4n1s have specific applications, but not as many as a grapple in my opinion.

I have the grapple and the 4-n-1 and I think that is better than the standard bucket and a grapple. The only thing I can do with a standard bucket that can not be done with a 4-n-1 is carry wet concrete. But, the 4-n-1 can do many things a standard bucket can not. Lift out posts, lift out small trees, pick up small piles of gravel, etc. Plus there is a second edge, which provides a completely different way of back dragging which levels and redistributes material much more quickly than a standard back drag with the front lip of the bucket.

If I could only have two it would be the 4-n-1 and a grapple.

/ Grapple Bucket or 4way Bucket? #12  
I have the grapple and the 4-n-1 and I think that is better than the standard bucket and a grapple. The only thing I can do with a standard bucket that can not be done with a 4-n-1 is carry wet concrete. But, the 4-n-1 can do many things a standard bucket can not. Lift out posts, lift out small trees, pick up small piles of gravel, etc. Plus there is a second edge, which provides a completely different way of back dragging which levels and redistributes material much more quickly than a standard back drag with the front lip of the bucket.

Very good points. The 4in1 is just not for me is all.

/ Grapple Bucket or 4way Bucket? #13  

This I can agree with.

4 n 1 buckets aren't exactly light though.

Have a 4 n 1 on the dead crawler loader. Miss running it.

/ Grapple Bucket or 4way Bucket? #14  
Grapple is my vote. Best implement that I have. Best all around tool in the bag.

/ Grapple Bucket or 4way Bucket? #15  
IMG_0665.jpgAd my vote for the grapple. I have a 4720 and a 72" HD bucket and a Wildkat 48" Econo. Great grapple for the money. Wider ones may have some benefits like when you are doing brush but they cost more and weigh more.

I also had a 3720 and I would say the 48" Wildkat would work equally well with that.

/ Grapple Bucket or 4way Bucket? #16  
yes the 74" version
Will likely add one at some point to my JD 5303 with 522 FEL. Are you pleased with yours so far? How about the width? How do you operate the open/close function?

/ Grapple Bucket or 4way Bucket? #17  
so far so good. so long as it's not pouring rain tomorrow i will use it a lot got some land to clear. as for width i wouldn't want one any narrower. i have a set of rear remotes that i use for the third function

/ Grapple Bucket or 4way Bucket? #18  
so far so good. so long as it's not pouring rain tomorrow i will use it a lot got some land to clear. as for width i wouldn't want one any narrower. i have a set of rear remotes that i use for the third function

Looks pretty clean they way you have it up front. Do you happen to have any pictures showing how it runs down the right hand side of the tractor and back the rear remotes? I too have the rear remotes available, but have also run a skid steer grapple with open/close function on the controls and it is pretty slick. Have seen some that have changed the joystick lever out to one with a toggle for opening/closing.

/ Grapple Bucket or 4way Bucket? #19  
4 in 1 is by far the best unless you like to buy both and change out implements a lot. 4 in 1 replaces grapple , bucket, scrape and box blade. There is a large learning curve to 4 in 1 reason I think most people don't think well of them. I prefer 4 in 1 to rear blade or bucket for moving dirt or spreading gravel. A pile of brush can be driven over a few times to crush it and then a pick up truck load can be picked up by 4 in 1. If you only move logs and brush a grapple would be best choice.