Grandparents being a PITA

/ Grandparents being a PITA #11  
Jim, doing all you can do seems to me. The boy is also probably adjusting to a new "lifestyle" too, (just speculating on my part) He is in the country with a family structure and may not have had this much fun and attention all at one time. I can relate to ADHD:D it is a challenge, but he will excel in some things, you will just have to find what it is that interest him and you will be amazed at how much energy he can put towards a goal or project.

I was not allowed to have BB guns either, I guess there is an obvious lack of respect for them since they seem "Harmless" as compared to the "boom" of a large caliber.

/ Grandparents being a PITA #12  
I learned tohandle a gun early hunting with dad when he was home from working on the road. But we started at 4 or 5 with this.

I know all too well about ADD and that first paragraph almost fit me to a T in school. Even today it still haunts me. I have to do 4 projects at one time so I can bounce from one to another. I finish all 4 at one time though lol I couldnt do math well at all until my shop teacher showed me how to apply it and I could do it. But English really got me. Science and other hands on things I excelled in. My typing and writing is poor because my mind out runs my hands lol.

Your on the right track with him though take cat TTN

/ Grandparents being a PITA #14  
There are some kids and adults alike that should just never have a gun. It seems obvious he is not mature enough yet to handle even a BB gun.

HS

/ Grandparents being a PITA #15  
I don't see this being about the BB gun rather the fact that the "other" Grandparents did not have the respect to ask "What do you think, is a BB gun a good gift?"

When a grandchild makes a difficult transaction in his/her life they are dealing with their own issues and find strength and guidance in those who give strength and guidance. I'm pretty sure the OP knows guns and gun safety and this youngin will get it.

Its a tough job ... let alone getting help from the other side ... in this case buy some love.

/ Grandparents being a PITA #16  
My youngest had ADHD. As far as writing went it took us a long time but we finally got him to learn to right out things exactly as he would say them. He made complete sense when he spoke but somewhere the thought got lost when he tried to write it.

He has just finished a course of study in HVAC at the local community college so the long hours of practice worked.

As far as shooting is concerned. We made all out kids take the hunter safety course before they were allowed to shoot even the pellet gun. It occurred around age 10 and I had them take it again before they were old enough to hunt.