grab hooks on equipment for tying it down

/ grab hooks on equipment for tying it down #1  

juddspaintballs

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota MX5100 HST
Is that even an option? Can you weld grab hooks onto your equipment frame and use them to attach your load chains to for securing the load or does your chain have to go around something solid on the equipment?

/ grab hooks on equipment for tying it down #2  
My tractor has two from the factory on the rear. I welded on two in the front using the FEL mounts.

Chris

/ grab hooks on equipment for tying it down
So I can bolt/weld on grab hooks for chain to the frame and use those as my primary connections to the tractor for tying it down on a trailer so long as they're up to the load rating?

/ grab hooks on equipment for tying it down #6  
So I can bolt/weld on grab hooks for chain to the frame and use those as my primary connections to the tractor for tying it down on a trailer so long as they're up to the load rating?

I bolted D-rings on my front brush bar for tie downs. On back I use a twisted clevis on the drawbar. I can drop a chain through the clevis loop and run one to each side of the trailer.

Attachments

• DSCN1081 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN1081 (Medium).JPG
    196.9 KB · Views: 338
  • DSCN1101 (Small).JPG
    DSCN1101 (Small).JPG
    91.1 KB · Views: 350
   / grab hooks on equipment for tying it down #8  
Back when I had my Ford 861 Power Master I simply got 4 grab hooks and 4 pieces of chain 3 links long. I removed 2 bolts in the front and put longer ones in with a piece of chain under them and a hook attached. Did the same in the rear. No welding and easy to return to stock. The chains just dangled under when using the tractor.

Chris

/ grab hooks on equipment for tying it down
I was thinking along the lines of the first picture you showed. With that, all that would be needed between the tractor and the binder is a piece of chain with no ends on it (aka cheap) but that would also be the only way to utilize the grab hook for securing it. With D rings or the 2nd anchor hook you showed, I could use all sorts of different methods to connect my chain to the tractor, or even use ratchet straps. Definitely some thinking will have to be done before I jump all-in. I'm formulating an idea that incorporates with the grille guard and wraps around to both sides of the front of the frame that has grab hooks on the sides and D rings on the front. There are a couple good sized frame holes in the rear that I could probably just put a shackle through and have good tie down spots back there.