GPS Tracker for a tractor

/ GPS Tracker for a tractor #11  
Before our house was built, the tractor and equipment was kept on the property. I hid everything in the woods but anyone trespassing could luck out and find the tractor and implements.

I bought a long piece of transport chain and would lock the tractor to a tree. Figure it would not stop someone that really wanted the tractor but it would stop kids up to no good. Flip side, anyone stealing the tractor would likely be seen after it was taken from our place. Figured keeping the insurance policy up to date and the chain was the best I could do.

Something like LoJack would work to track the tractor but I have never used one.

In the Good thing/Scary thing category. I read that JD could track newer tractors. I assume this is in the higher end models. When they noticed that tractors had been stolen in the Ukraine and moved to Russia, the tractors were deactivated.
JDLink.

/ GPS Tracker for a tractor #12  
Eddie,
In todays world, thieves use cordless grinders with cutoff wheels go thru locks like butter!
If it were me, I would remove the front tires and take them home with me.
Plus have a fuel cut-off switch.

I have 6 air-tags for my equipment, cost was 150.00 for all 6 and there is no monthly fees or hidden costs.

/ GPS Tracker for a tractor #13  
Since the equipment is stored on your own property, it's worth mentioning options other than AirTags and Tiles, such as the Ring or Nest cameras. I have a Ring camera built into a motion-sensing floodlight system over my driveway, and it records and sends to the cloud high-def videos of every person or vehicle coming or going. One such system over your driveway, and a second over the tractor, will easily identify and record vehicle information on most potential tractor thieves.

/ GPS Tracker for a tractor #14  
Maybe he has no internet where the tractor is located?
Its good to catch them in the act!

/ GPS Tracker for a tractor #15  
When I left my gasoline engine IH2500b on our property, I'd remove the battery, and take the rotor from under the distributor cap. I'd also park it back in the woods where it would be extremely difficult to get a rollback truck into without lots of chainsaw work.

There was also a nice neighbor lady across the highway that would call the police if she saw strangers at our place. I thanked her a couple times after the police contacted me.

Air tags only work if they come close to an iPhone. And as someone mentioned, it'll tell an iPhone that's near one for a long time that there is an air tag near. Hopefully, they'd abandon the tractor at that point VS looking for the air tag.

/ GPS Tracker for a tractor #16  
There are plenty of GPS Dog Collars that might work. Also a Trail Cam that transmits to a cell phone.

/ GPS Tracker for a tractor #17  
Trackers are a good investment for rentals and stuff left on job sites. For personal property left like you are describing I would always park it where it can't easily be moved unless under its own power. Then kill switch(es) and safety switches to prevent easy startup. Removing the ground cable off the tractor etc. The cell network connected game cameras to watch the area would be good so you are aware if someone is snooping around.

/ GPS Tracker for a tractor
Since the equipment is stored on your own property, it's worth mentioning options other than AirTags and Tiles, such as the Ring or Nest cameras. I have a Ring camera built into a motion-sensing floodlight system over my driveway, and it records and sends to the cloud high-def videos of every person or vehicle coming or going. One such system over your driveway, and a second over the tractor, will easily identify and record vehicle information on most potential tractor thieves.
The land is 62 miles from where I live, and the power is turned off.

/ GPS Tracker for a tractor #19  
   / GPS Tracker for a tractor #20  
I have 6 air-tags for my equipment, cost was 150.00 for all 6 and there is no monthly fees or hidden costs.
How much was the iPhone? You have to include at least one Apple product in the cost for a first timer. Worthless to me because I don't do Apple. :confused: