Gov't mandates gas can flame arrestors.

/ Gov't mandates gas can flame arrestors. #361  
Perhaps someone put a 1# propane cannister in the pile that was rigged to leak?

Aaron Z
It certainly looked like that, or something similar. That was an explosion, not just a flare up.

/ Gov't mandates gas can flame arrestors. #362  
It certainly looked like that, or something similar. That was an explosion, not just a flare up.
That's what I was thinking, it was something that was evenly distributed throughout the bonfire.

Aaron Z

/ Gov't mandates gas can flame arrestors. #363  
The new gas cans....I simply remove the cap totally, and pour into a big funnel, when fueling my riding mowers. One mower holds 2-1/2 gallons, the other five gallons. It's a lot quicker than waiting for it to trickle from one of those nanny state can spouts, while holding up a heavy container.

/ Gov't mandates gas can flame arrestors. #364  
The govt banned the gas can vent to reduce gas fumes. Excuse me I thought the vent was a fresh air inlet that reduced the vacuum created by the vacating fuel. So the vent was a fresh air intake not an exhaust but it had to go!? You can bet not one person who voted on that rule pours fuel from a can.

150 people die everyday in the US of fentanyl use, every day. That adds up to 54,750 people each year
Yet the govt will mandate another gas can or cooking appliance to save us from our stupidity but will not move to secure the southern border where this drug is being walked in backpacks across every day.
You don’t think throwing over 1 trillion US dollars at the war on drugs without any measurable positive results is enough money throw in the rat hole?

“In 2015, the Drug Policy Alliance, which advocates for an end to the War on Drugs, estimated that the United States spends $51 billion annually on these initiatives, and in 2021, after 50 years of the drug war, others have estimated that the US has spent a cumulative $1 trillion on it.“

No one, individuals or Governmental entities or programs can protect someone or anyone from themselves.

Think about it for a moment. Prisoners commit suicide while locked in a small cell. Some even have elaborate conspiracies created over their suicide.

Last edited:
   / Gov't mandates gas can flame arrestors. #366  
o one, individuals or Governmental entities or programs can protect someone or anyone from themselves.

Think about it for a moment. Prisoners commit suicide while locked in a small cell. Some even have elaborate conspiracies created over their suicide.
who protects us from the government? Since many of these bureaucratic and elected officials seem to promote legalizing drugs and then letting the system free up the distribution and remove the penalties with the less than 1% chance of actual rehabilitation. Talk about wasted money...but we (not me) vote for the same results time and time again.

/ Gov't mandates gas can flame arrestors. #367  
who protects us from the government? Since many of these bureaucratic and elected officials seem to promote legalizing drugs and then letting the system free up the distribution and remove the penalties with the less than 1% chance of actual rehabilitation. Talk about wasted money...but we (not me) vote for the same results time and time again.
I see this is in the Safety thread. Not "safe and effective"!!! Someone needs to get us out of this philosophy of someone protecting us from ourselves.
Natural selection has worked for years! Seems like nothing has changed!

/ Gov't mandates gas can flame arrestors. #368  
You'll never convince the "conspiracy deniers".

/ Gov't mandates gas can flame arrestors. #369  
On a tangential note, can you still find replacement nozzles for non-fuel purposes? ;). Of course.

If not, can anyone explain how to craft one myself?
Amazon has many.