Got my rake finally...Pequea HR10

/ Got my rake finally...Pequea HR10 #1  

jimg

Veteran Member
Bought it from a dealer in PA and got what I thought was a good enough price to compensate for shipping. OTOH its not like these show up at all in my area. During unloading (in the Walmart parking lot) I got several inquires about what it was and how it worked. This is side delivery/wheel rake country. :) Was too dark to see much when I got home but the next afternoon I hosed off the road salt and gave it a good looking over. This thing it built like a tank! Seems like itll last a LONG time w/ a bit if care.

Attachments

• hr10.jpg
    hr10.jpg
    392.6 KB · Views: 516
   / Got my rake finally...Pequea HR10 #2  
From the decal, it looks like you bought it from the best dealer in the world, in my opinion.

/ Got my rake finally...Pequea HR10 #3  
EquipmentJunkie said:
From the decal, it looks like you bought it from the best dealer in the world, in my opinion.

What's the dealer? Is that a rake/tedder combo?

/ Got my rake finally...Pequea HR10
EquipmentJunkie said:
I bought it from Hoobers (McAllisterville)...have you done business w/ them before?

/ Got my rake finally...Pequea HR10 #5  
mark.r said:

Mark, it is just a rake.

mark.r said:
Hoober. No just a rake...itll turn and merge too which I think is usual.

The drive line is surprising in that the tractor end has what looks like a CV joint and the other has some sort of clutch.

Last edited:
   / Got my rake finally...Pequea HR10 #7  
Thanks, I am always interested in dealers in PA since I am close (VA) and there seems to be A LOT of them in that region. I think the guy that we have been buying round bales has a similar unit to that one. I didn't get a good look at it last weekend though.

Hoober was really good to do business w/ even though I was pretty slow to make shipping arrangements. Originally I planned to fetch it myself but one thing lead to another and that didnt happen. Then I had trouble finding someone to haul it. Daryl, the salesman, was extremely patient which I appreciate!

/ Got my rake finally...Pequea HR10 #9  
I deal with the Intercourse store. They are a first-class operation.

/ Got my rake finally...Pequea HR10 #10  
I had never heard of the Pequea Co. until you posted this. From their website it looks like they build several styles of equipment. Good luck with the rake and post some more pics of it if you get a chance.