Got a new machine.

/ Got a new machine. #1  

LD1

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kubota MX5100
No longer am I a L3400 owner.

Got me a MX5100 HST now. Sold the 3400 to dad.

Finally got the size tractor I have been needing for a few years. Its a 2011 model w/350hrs. Cant wait to really get out and use it now.

Heres the money shots (for proof that "it" happened)

IMG_20160602_191240812.jpgIMG_20160602_204025765.jpgIMG_20160602_204110262.jpgIMG_20160602_204126808.jpg

/ Got a new machine. #2  
Hey, good for you, and I'm sure your dad will be pleased with the L. That's a good sized property you got there, that MX will fit right in.

/ Got a new machine. #3  
A L L R I G H T !!!!!!!!

/ Got a new machine. #4  
Good deal, time to change your sig line. Need to work off some of that shine too.

/ Got a new machine. #6  
Hey LD1,Congrats on your new Kubota, best of luck with it.
DevilDog

/ Got a new machine. #7  
Congratulations LD1. I looked really hard at the MX when I bought my Workmaster couple weeks ago. Would have been happy with it. Just was able to get a little better deal on the New Holland at the time. The MX is a heck of a nice machine. The right size for so many folks. I am still acclimating to the difference in size between my old and new tractor. I am sure that you will have to also. Nice machine. Low hour units like that around here are almost non existent.

/ Got a new machine.
Nice machine. Low hour units like that around here are almost non existent.

Same here. And didnt want to spend the $$$ for new and Tier IV.

Been looking on tractorhouse and craigslist for about a week or two. Wants were pretty simple and I wasnt picky when it came to brand. Was looking for 45-55HP or so, 4wd, loader, and less than 1000hrs. Under 20k. Extra preference for HST.

Plug in those parameters on tractorhouse and there were quite a few. NH TT60A ~700hrs for 18k, JD 5205 ~600hrs for 18.5k, Mahindra 5530 19.5k, Kub L5030 19.9k, Kubota M5700, 19.5k, etc etc.

Problem is they werent anywhere close. Mississippi, Texas, Arkansas, etc.

So I called 4 or 5 dealers in this state. JD equip, Shearer, Advantage ag, Brownies, Facklers, etc. The kubota dealer had just taken this in on trade. This size tractor isnt a real popular size around here. Its too big for the average 5-10 acre homeowner, and too small for most farmers.

There was a pretty good deal on craigslist from a guy near me, a L4400 for 16500, with 158hrs. Nice clean machine. But no HST, and No SSQA. So I opted to spend a little more, to get HST and SSQA as well as more tractor

/ Got a new machine. #9  
Congrats, and welcome to the MX club!! I'm very happy with mine, although I wish it had telescoping three point arms like your 5100. It sure dwarfs your old machine.

/ Got a new machine.
It sure dwarfs your old machine.

Looking at them side by side it does look a whole lot bigger.

But it really dont "feel" that much larger from the seat. Perhaps I have spent too much time on the backhoe recently?