Got 1, missed 2 at RB auction....

/ Got 1, missed 2 at RB auction.... #1  

scoutcub

Veteran Member
Tractor
Yanmar LX4900//Cub 7532//Cub Yanmar SC2400//Komatsu D38//Cub Volunteer//Cub SZ60/CAT 289C/CAT 308
Attended my first RB aucton (online) on Tuesday, I was a bit worried due to a typically poor internet signal where I live. Surprisingly, it held the auction for the entirety. Maybe RB had something to do with that??:laughing:
Anyways, ended up with a good deal on a 66" brush grapple, and missed a fair deal on a stump bucket.....(too slow) then waited on a set of new forks....first one went for 400....with 9 more in the lot.....I figured I could get a better deal on one of the remaining 9, right? Ha....the turkey bought all 10 of them! :mad:
and then, he bought the next lot of 5 more......oh well, at least I got my grapple!

/ Got 1, missed 2 at RB auction.... #2  
Let us know how the grapple works out and post some pics.

/ Got 1, missed 2 at RB auction.... #3  
This thread is worthless without photos :D

/ Got 1, missed 2 at RB auction.... #4  
Attended my first RB aucton (online) on Tuesday, I was a bit worried due to a typically poor internet signal where I live. Surprisingly, it held the auction for the entirety. Maybe RB had something to do with that??:laughing:
Anyways, ended up with a good deal on a 66" brush grapple, and missed a fair deal on a stump bucket.....(too slow) then waited on a set of new forks....first one went for 400....with 9 more in the lot.....I figured I could get a better deal on one of the remaining 9, right? Ha....the turkey bought all 10 of them! :mad:
and then, he bought the next lot of 5 more......oh well, at least I got my grapple!

I do the Ritchie Bros. auction online as well. They have a "Timed Auction" at some sites where the bidding is all online with several online kiosks used at the site as well - no auctioneer. It ends up being very similar to eBay. You can see who bids, how much the bid is, and how many lots they want.

The best thing is that you can bid for a fixed amount of a group of items. For instance, with the 10 forks you can bid $400 for one out of the group of 10. RB will enter your $400 bid on each lot until you win one (or however many you want) and then drop you out of the auction. It is slick.

RB is populated by professional bidders so winning an auction is not going to be a bargain that someone missed. I find the prices a bit steep.

/ Got 1, missed 2 at RB auction....
OK, I pick it up this week, I will post some pics then.

OK, here's the rig.... looks real nice to me! Appears well built, but not overly heavy.
Looking forward to using this!

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    313.2 KB · Views: 300
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    289.1 KB · Views: 225
   / Got 1, missed 2 at RB auction.... #7  
OK, here's the rig.... looks real nice to me! Appears well built, but not overly heavy.

Looks good. Seen a lot of them at RB.

Just a point of information. There was a RB Auction in my area on Friday. Bid on 12 items and didn't win a single one.

The economy must be picking up or I'm just incredibly cheap.

/ Got 1, missed 2 at RB auction.... #8  
I have never seen a grapple like that one with the hydraulic cylinders on the sides of the grapple arms.

Does anyone know the advantages and disadvantages vs. one with the hydraulics centered?

/ Got 1, missed 2 at RB auction.... #9  

Congrats on the grapple. I have the same one only in grey (Fabtech) and couldn't be more pleased. I also agree that it's well built yet not too heavy.

What tractor is it going to be riding on?

Congrats on the grapple. I have the same one only in grey (Fabtech) and couldn't be more pleased. I also agree that it's well built yet not too heavy.

What tractor is it going to be riding on?

Uh Oh......guess I'm busted. New tractor sitting in the garage.....haven't had a chance yet to take pics, thus keeping mum so far......
Will post asap!